ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats best for lowering my Clio..

Ph1 1.2
I have a pretty standard m2 ph1 clio and want to make some nice mods to improve its appereance..

i dont know how much to drop it, 40mm or 60mm.. I am getting 15" alloys with 195/50/15 tyres this week and don't know which size will look best..

Also i don't know if i should go for coilies or springs baring in mind my budget isn't huge..

any suggestions? thanks :)

a low one
if your getting springs then 60mm if you can afford the rokkor coilovers for £180 then they are by far the better option

a low one
youll have to measure your bolt spacing on it, theres a variation between the sizes and rokkor are 58mm iirc, i was told i had 52mm spacing but measured mine and it was 58mm so they would have fitted mine

Stripped yozza'd cup
the distance between the holes that the bottom of the damper bolts onto. Measure them from centre to centre or top to top, it's all the same.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
if youre going for look,
lower it to the damn floor ;)

rokkor only do coilovers for 58mm bolt spacing.

USUALLY its only the 8v that have 52mm bolt spacing,
BUT knowing renault, they often mismatch them so best to just measure.
you can always just get a set of 58mm hubs, £20 each from a breakers!

Ph1 1.2
Yeh, im guna have a measure up tomorrow and see what my options are.. if they are 58mm am i best to go with 60mm Apex springs?

also i don't have a clue about exactly what i'll need to complete the lowering.. im deffo having it done at a garage, but don't know what bits i'll need other than springs or coilovers.

:S

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
all you need is the spring/coilover

if you're just doing the springs, then it doesnt matter what the bolt spacing is!

but if theyre 58mm then you can get coilovers on the cheap!

Stripped yozza'd cup
I really wouldn't bother with springs mate.... For the difference in price, the coilovers are definitely the way to go..

a low one
Yes would be a good buy, there the rokkor coilovers but like said before, will only fit if you have 58mm bolt spacing or do a hub conversion