ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats best to protect my paint work over winter

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
hi guys i use mags gold class shampoo on my car then techwax but is this enough

what products are best for my paint in winter i want to protect and get a well good shine

i live near the beach so needs to be protected against salt aswell

many thanks rich

ps can u put what you use what its best for. what price it is and where you can buy it from

Sorry nothing to do with your question and might be a dumb thing to ask but is there a beach in Kent?

hi mate are you joking

theres loads

dover has a port so miles of beach

the whole of the south east coast is beach

theres margate
folkestone
hythe
dymchurch beach
camber
and many more the ones i have said are just near me we have the whole coast down here

Last edited:

al

ST on the way...
Permaguard is meant to be the dogs danglies.

Highly reccomended over on ClioTrophy.

106 GTi
The D.I.Y options for me would be

Autoglym Super Resin Polish and Extra Gloss Protection, topped with either:

Collinite 845

Collinite 476

Meguiars #16

or Autoglym Super Resin and JEFFS Werkstatt Acrylic Jett Trigger topped with one of the above 3 waxes.

On my own car I have gone with JEFFS Werkstatt Acrylic Jett Trigger and topped it with Meguiars #16

http://www.richtreen.co.uk/images/winter182/

IMG_4931.jpg

Permaguard is meant to be the dogs danglies.

Highly reccomended over on ClioTrophy.

It is and it's also highly recommended by Sunseeker Yachts, The Norwegian Airforce/Navy and a guy that owns 2 F40s! I don't want this to deteriorate like my Permagard thread did, but I've had it done and the results are stunning.

Every write up I've read from people that have paid for a genuine treatment is that it's brilliant and a year after having the work done water still beads off like it's been freshly waxed and it cleans back to spotless in 15mins with a bucket of water, a sponge and a hose pipe!!!!

Only time will tell but for me it's perfect I can keep my car spotless and shiney without having to spend hours I just don't have!

where sells it mate

Permagard UK are based in London, on the north bank of the Thames just as you get off the Woolwich ferry!

You can only get Permagard from Permagard, don't be confused/conned into getting Superguard etc...

www.permagard.info

Give them a call and they'll answer all your questions. They're really helpful and friendly guys!

Last edited:
cheers mate how long does it last till it needs to be done again

also there are no prices

Last edited:
whoa

do you have to go to them in london or will they come to me

all there dealers apart from london are well far away

whoa

do you have to go to them in london or will they come to me

all there dealers apart from london are well far away

Call them and they'll answer all your questions but I'd have thought that you'd pay a lot more for them to come to you!

The treatment actually lasts for years but it starts to lose it's effectiveness and Permagard run a warranty scheme based on an annual service that costs 50% of your original treatment...

No. 99 cost £230 inc VAT and that was for a full exterior treatment. As I recall the cost is about £130 for the bodywork treatment and then they charge anything upto £60 or £70 depending on how much preparation work they need to do to the car, the older the car the more prep work!

I then had the glass treatment for £45 and I now don't need to use my windscreen wipers driving in the rain!! :D

If you budget a similar amount, divide it be 12 and then work out how much you'd spend on lotions and potions etc... over the course of a year plus the time and effort required to keep it anywhere near the finish Permagard gives, and £20 a month really doesn't seem much!!! ;)