ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats my 172 worth?

172,corsa turbo
Hi,im just after a rough price of what my car is worth.I swapped it for my old bmw and the guy had it advertised for £5,500. Its an 02 plate with 31,000 and has full service history. Has a few small stone chips but is v.clean and drives perfectly. Its lowered 25mm and has a full s/s exhaust.
Thanks, Ash
023.jpg

leon cupra R
Has the cambelt , aux been changed on it?

there are a few out there with low mileage like that up for 4500 -5k

aslong as its had the above done cant see why you couldnt sell it and get atleast 4500 for it

rps13
i just bought mine 58,000

exactly the same colour

6 renault services, inc cambelt

very good bodywork

for £3650

TTRS & V50
hold out for 5k imo !

low mileage that is.

why do people suggest such low prices ? do you want your fellow CS member to be robbed !

TTRS & V50
How do you know?

Thats what it was listed at..

The above car is worth no more than £4k.

Well you sell your car's like that, but don't give s**t advice to other people.

Why sell your car for a steal ? The only person that benefit's is the buyer.

Clio 172 mk2
Stick it up for 5 and see what happens, since it's such low milage and in good condition someone may pay near the asking price.

Tough times at the moment though obviously so people aren't spending much money on cars (well, those not on CS wages anyway!):(

Willy + Modus DCi
dude its worth the 5k but your gunna be very lucky to get it. the market is shot to pieces. i couldnt sell mine for love nor money!

White clique
i just bought mine 58,000

exactly the same colour

6 renault services, inc cambelt

very good bodywork

for £3650

that was a bargain!!

I'm thinking about 4.5k max too if sold private - i shifted an 182 04 plate immac in black gold with 39k for 5.5k a few months back. 197s are becoming cheap, which means 182 are dropping in price, and therefore 172s also.

Shame though, nice colour, my first RS was an 02 plate in that colour.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Well i just bought one with 20k more on the clock but Alot less cash! Worth about 4-4.4k imo.

Black 182 FF
A 182 can be had for £5.5k, yours is worth about £4250.

is it a pile of s**t i havent seen a decent one that low yet

Mine was £5.9k (54 plate) with 27k on and six month warranty (private sale, cost me £30 to change the warranty). After looking for the last few months there's no way an 02 172 even with those kind of miles on is worth the money it was up for.

Privately I'd say between £4k and £4.5k - at a dealer they may put it up anywhere up to £5.5k with those miles, but having watched them recently there's not much movement, prices are falling because of the credit crunch and the fact they're ageing and I can't see many paying much over £4k for a 02 car in a private sale.

I'd say £4.5k for fsh if it's had all the belts done for peace of mind at those miles and that's a top price.

Clio 172 mk2
dude its worth the 5k but your gunna be very lucky to get it. the market is shot to pieces. i couldnt sell mine for love nor money!

This is all pretty bad...I was going to put mine up but am kind of realising it's going to be a b*stard shifting it:(

titanium ph1
172s have dropped in price so much now ull be lucky to get £3.5k my mate recently got an imaculate 53 reg 172 with average miles for £3k an ive seen so many go for the same.