ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats my lY 197 F1 Worth

Clio 197 F1
Sorry to ask...

given my notice at work, fed up and decided in 6 weeks to go to Australia for a year...

So here goes...
£1500 miles
57 Reg
Liquid Yellow
No climate, or folding mirrors...

What do you reckon guys

Clio Dynamique
wow? just like that? your going to pack up and just sod off for a year? That take some serious balls mate. Fair play to you, wish i could do that.. I and just bollockless!

I wouldnt really like to guess as im probably way out, but about 14k?

cock mobile.
Quick sale 12k I reckon.

Might be worth calling some dealers to find out Part Ex values.

clio trophy No56
I was just lookin at prices last night and there going for anywhere between £12000 and £14500, my mate has been thinking about getting one but bit too high prices.

Clio 197 F1
Yes just like that... my mates are out there at the moment....
14k is too much... would be nice but cant see it myself

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
R27 57 Red all options sold for less than 12K, with 2400 miles.

He got offered less than 11K from a dealer:eek:

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Pop it on Pistonheads at £13k, take £12.5k and it'll sell in a week. They're not handing around for long. There was a red one with a very similar spec to yours, went for £12.5k in 2 days. Infact because yours is yellow, I'd put it up at £13,250 and take £13k I reckon. I think it'll sell no worries with that mileage. What number is it/build month if you know? Does it have the revised 'box?

Dan

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I recokon you will get fed up of all the fake tits and ass and cold beer and decide to come back to this shithole that is Britain.....lol

Clio 197 F1
Strangely enough i dont know what number it is... i know my V6 was number 57... not that it helps...
and wasnt it the later ones that had the revised boxes...
well good news if i get 12-13k... think theres still a demand for these...

fake tits and cold beer sounds a nightmare

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Have a look at what number it is please as i may be interested.
What extra's does it come with? Xenons etc

Turbo LY R27
Sorry to ask...

given my notice at work, fed up and decided in 6 weeks to go to Australia for a year...

So here goes...
£1500 miles
57 Reg
Liquid Yellow

What do you reckon guys

My advice is dont ask ANYONE on here! My bet is put it up for a high price. Its a desirable car, you can only get yellow on the R27. Try your luck. I know its high but if i was to sell mine now id put it on for £16k, mines got the full options list and someone would by it. Up to you but the worst advice for car prices is on this forum. But it depends if you want a quick sale or not i suppose.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Don't let it go for less than £13k for sure, but putting it up at £16k is a waste of time IMHO - I'd be amazed if you got so much as one genuine call. Options seem to make precious little difference to 2nd hand car values in my experience.

But, I could be wrong, advertising on PH is free anyway so maybe worth a shot. Hell if someone comes and knocks you down by £2k you'll still get £14k and they'll think they've got a bargain!

Dan

Turbo LY R27
Yeah 16k is steep, but i think the valuation that people give it is silly. You can buy a normal 197 for that? Im not sayin it will go for that price but I just think for the limited model it is and the desirable colour, it will go for more without question.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Yea I agree, for sure the yellow will bag him a few quid. Problem is, the general public will see the Cup as 'the same car' for £13k brand new :(

Dan

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Sorry to ask...

So here goes...
£1500 miles
57 Reg
Liquid Yellow

What do you reckon guys

My advice is dont ask ANYONE on here! My bet is put it up for a high price. Its a desirable car, you can only get yellow on the R27. Try your luck. I know its high but if i was to sell mine now id put it on for £16k, mines got the full options list and someone would by it. Up to you but the worst advice for car prices is on this forum. But it depends if you want a quick sale or not i suppose.

LOL_ Spot the LY 197Owner-

13.250 Accept 12775-

Job jone-
S

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Yeah 16k is steep, but i think the valuation that people give it is silly. You can buy a normal 197 for that? Im not sayin it will go for that price but I just think for the limited model it is and the desirable colour, it will go for more without question.

16K will get you into fully loaded 197 cupped car.

Brand new 08 with new ratios.

Don't waste your time asking 16K?

A car is only worth what someone will pay!

Lots of R27's have sold for 13K or less.

I think that's the problem with liquid yellow paint. People pay 1200 quid for it as an option, but there is no way people are going to pay a big premium for it (if anything at all - unless the car is Clio V6), on a used car.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
i have SO much pity for anyone who paid list price for a 197, lol. a fully loaded R27 was about £18.5K worth of car wasnt it?

OUCH.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
This is Cliosport - 1 shaky account = they're all s**t.

Dan

Clio 197 F1
sorry thought i'd mentioned... no extra's other than colour...
number 414... pm if interested... will get pics at end of week, not at home at the moment

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
At £12.7k that's a bargain IMHO. Should have no issues moving that on.

Dan