ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats Speakers Where

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

I have a clio RN which mean there are no Speakers excpt for the front, now ive managed to get a deal for a top of the range Kenwood setup, so that mean im gunna replace the tweeters on the dash, put some mid-ranges in the front doors and coaxial in the back.

Is that right? There arent any more speaker point are there? And will i be able to wire the rear ones in myself?

personally not a fan of any speakers in the rear except for a single punchy sub, but thats my choice

if you want to you can easily wire in the co-ax into the rear, just run the cable from the head unit to where you will be mounting the speakers

not sure where you can fit them, as i havent looked at the rear 1/4 panels in a mk1

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

I have a Mark 2 Phase 1 Clio, so it takes 13s front and rear, ive noticed that to get to the tweeters in the dash im gunna have to remove the entire top half of the dash, is that easy? will i be able to find details in a Hayes manual or something like that?

ah

if you have a mk2 ph1 you should already have speakers in the rear

just unscrew these connect up your new ones and job done

in the mk2 ph1 you have 13cm comps up front and 13cm co-ax in the rear

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

There arent any speakers in the rear, theres the holes, but not the speakers, which is why i ask about wiring. Ive decided to get Kenwood KFC-PSR51P components for tyhe front and Kenwood FFC-PSR501 coaxial for the rear, good choiuce or not?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

What mm are the tweeters in the dash?

If i get those Kenwood speakers itll be for £215

Those tweeters would have to be mounted on the door pillars or such like (anywhere facing people) !! The crossovers go inbetween the head unit and the speaker ! Theyll split the higher and lower frequency sounds and pass them on to the speakers eg high to the tweeter and low to the speaker/woofer!

http://www.letsbuycaraudio.com/main.php?cat=cdTuners&make=16&product=1297http://www.letsbuycaraudio.com/main.php?cat=cdTuners&make=16&product=1297 get this head unit it is the dogs b0ll0cks and will give you a good sound to go with those components or nice set of 6x9s !! hope this helps! if you need any further help ie fitting ,prices etc pm me or post another reply

Do you mean you want to replace the tweeters in the front wiv the new ones ?? This will be a lot of hassle for the sake of a tweeter TBH the difference in tweeter quality wont really be that noticible if you replace the fronts and backs !! LEAVE the front tweeters and just replace the fronts ! and get some 6x9s for the rear !!

right lets get this straight

for the best sound in a car you need

a bloody good set of componenets up front - personally IMHO for the price of those kenwoods you can get a much much better set - genesis, focal, jl audio, phase linear,
an amp to power the front comps, amp should be ever so slightly higher powered than the comps, this way you will not strain the amp, just dont set the gains too high
a sub for the rear, personally prefer either 8" or 10", IMHO you need punchy bass, just personal preference - again, you will have a very wide choice of subs available
decent amp to power the sub, again with a power figure just higher than the sub
and a top notch head unit - with nakamichi, alpine or pioneer (in that order)

essentially this is all you need for a very well balanced system, if you want you can install a set of co-axial speakers in the rear for the rear passengers, though i have disconnected mine, again personal preference

if i was being honest - for the money you will be paying for the kenwood set-up i could find a system that will sound far better

and and DO NOT buy a set of 6x9s

whoever designed them should be shot, they completely destroy the sound stage in the car, and are far too overpowering

rant over

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

This is the Head Unit that came with the Car:

http://www.justkenwood.co.uk/stock01/kdc3024a.asphttp://www.justkenwood.co.uk/stock01/kdc3024a.asp

Now, after reading what the both of you guys have said, youvegot me starting t wonder, but I ned to mention a few things.

Not going to buy a Sub or amp, seeing as I need to keep the car looking as bought.

I dont mind the hassele of replacing the built in tweeters, but areyou saying the sound quality wouldnt be to good if i did?

And Ive got £300 to spend, that ws going to go on those Kenwood Speakers but what do you suggest?

Ive got a MarkII Clio RN too matey, I noticed there were none in the back!

I havent looked yet, but to only have front speakers sucks!! :(

Are there not even any wires to connect some up in there if I was to buy some?

D