ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WHATS THE SCORE

Went down to my local reno dealer to see about trading in my mk 1 v6 for a new mk2.The salesman looked round my car and found nothing wrong with it,filled all the paperwork out,then he went away to found out what my car was worth on a trade in.10 min later comes back and tells me that he cant give me a price,because he needs to speak to his manager.So he tells me that he will ring me tomorrow when his manager comes back,next day he rings me and wants to no if its an import,i say yes,then he tells me he will ring me back later with a price.2 DAYS LATER still not rang me back,are the trying to tell me something??????

GR7

Shiny red R32

Maybe he hasnt located a Mk2 V6 for you yet! I was told that the allowance for the year has already been sold! This came from a friend of a bike racer friend who works for Renault and who can get quite a discount on Renaults, but I have forgotten whether it is 22% or 28%. He was going to see about getting a V6 for me but is unable to get one, and even if he could there is no discount for a V6!! :(

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by CB1A on 24 May 2003

They dont like imports mate - trust me - i work for em.
If you work for them Matt, is that correct about the first batch of Mk2 V6s having already been sold or on order?

no - they havent been sold yet - the dealers can order em but they just cant get hold of them till at least july or august. I ordered one but our general manager told me it wouldnt be here till at least august. So i bought a brand new mk1 v6 at cost price (they had it in stock) and yes - i got it for silly money - im not sayin how much but i stole it off em. What im going to do is fit the new shape front end on my mk 1 over winter. Its dead easy.