ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's this noise?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
is it the recirc flap getting stuck?

You should be able to see it behind the dash. Does it go away when you click recirc on the climate?

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
is it the recirc flap getting stuck?

You should be able to see it behind the dash. Does it go away when you click recirc on the climate?
Now you mention it, the CC does make a loud click type if noise when it's switched on. I've never one of these before so just assumed it was normal!

I'll check and see if that's what's happening. When you say behind the dash do you mean taking the dash out and checking or will I be able to see it under the steering wheel/above pedals somewhere?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Now you mention it, the CC does make a loud click type if noise when it's switched on. I've never one of these before so just assumed it was normal!

I'll check and see if that's what's happening. When you say behind the dash do you mean taking the dash out and checking or will I be able to see it under the steering wheel/above pedals somewhere?
When you turn the climate control on the re circulation flap will open to allow the blower to start working. Close again when you turn it off.

You can see if if you stick your head up under the pedals. It's a rectangle cut out in the firewall insulation.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Just you tugging yourself off extremely quickly, while thinking "I've finally got a sport, I've finally got a sport" repeatedly. ;)

But in all seriousness, it does sound like a recirc valve fault. The clicking noise is the motor trying to move that valve.