ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's this rattle in my engine ? Lol

Clio 172
Hi guys , ever since I had an oil change I seem to have developed this rattle , well my car has , who knows what this is ?!!! .... No really , who does know . It's a high pitched rattle that doesn't increase when you rev the engine . Answers on a post card too .... Or just post on here lol .

[video=youtube_share;Hwf_7ymVaVw]http://youtu.be/Hwf_7ymVaVw[/video]

Clio 172
New water pump and dephaser etc in dec mate , i don't think it's a bottom end knock cos it's a constant noice .... Confused.com lol

Does sound like the waterpump tbh from experience. One of the other pulleys (AC/PAS) maybe?

Sounds a little bit like the sound I had, it can be the tensioner for the cambelt set the wrong way. Mine was set fine but still ticked and rattled, a new cambelt kit sorted it.

Clio sport 172 cup
I had a rattle from my engine bay that sounded similar and it turned out to be the fuel rail cover on the front was loose might be worth a check see if it's tight?