ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's this rattle in my engine ? Lol

Clio 172
Hi guys , ever since I had an oil change I seem to have developed this rattle , well my car has , who knows what this is ?!!! .... No really , who does know . It's a high pitched rattle that doesn't increase when you rev the engine . Answers on a post card too .... Or just post on here lol .

[video=youtube_share;Hwf_7ymVaVw]http://youtu.be/Hwf_7ymVaVw[/video]

Clio 172
New water pump and dephaser etc in dec mate , i don't think it's a bottom end knock cos it's a constant noice .... Confused.com lol

Does sound like the waterpump tbh from experience. One of the other pulleys (AC/PAS) maybe?

Sounds a little bit like the sound I had, it can be the tensioner for the cambelt set the wrong way. Mine was set fine but still ticked and rattled, a new cambelt kit sorted it.

Clio sport 172 cup
I had a rattle from my engine bay that sounded similar and it turned out to be the fuel rail cover on the front was loose might be worth a check see if it's tight?