ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what's under here?

tiTTy & SV650
As per the pics below, what's under this panel? How'd you get it off, it has a snap fit on the right, as per the second pic, but does the plastic screw as per the first pic actually unscrew? Is it a half turn and release thing? I took a screwdriver to it but it wasn't unscrewing, just turning.

The reason I ask is I'm doing a stealth Sat Nav aerial install and looking at my options, if there's any dead space under there it would be neat as fook IMO.

Last edited:
  Chocolate Bar™
if its the scuttle panel then the drivers side will remove via undoing the plastic screw. its simply one of those half turn pull out ones. then theres a plastic clip that u need to simply pull off.

the passenger side has the same screw at the opposite end, but you need to remove the windscreen wipers to physically remove the entire piece. underneath theres a fair bit of space, and just the motor for the windscreen wipers.

i fed my tube up there for my washer jet which i mounted on the scuttle panel, but i managed to squeeze it in just by removing the drivers side piece (as its quick) and then forcing the front of the longer passenger side piece up.

tiTTy & SV650
ah ha, cool cheers guys will try a half turn and see if it pops out, its the drivers side but i realised the passenger side would be tricker due to wipers.

I'll have to remove it to get the aerial itself in there, then route the cable via seals and gaps etc.

cheers

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
turn it half a turn it shoud pop up u may need to hold the outer bit then that section lifts out on much room as the heater box is there the panels like that so u can get to the pollen filter.

Chocolate Bar™
undo it one turn, and it should pop up. then you can simply pull it straight out.

you should be able to work the other clips out as soon as that ones undone. i just yanked on it and it came flying straight off.

tiTTy & SV650
lemonnobby1 said:
turn it half a turn it shoud pop up u may need to hold the outer bit then that section lifts out on much room as the heater box is there the panels like that so u can get to the pollen filter.

cool i'll do it so the pollen filter can still be got at then, come 36k service time next year