ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats Wrong With Blaupunkt Head Unites

nothing IMO i own the los angeles MP71 radio/CD/MP3 player and it produces a very good sound imo.

i am selling it tho as thew face is a none popoff and no good for the 182 :( i am temped to try an alpine unit this time round tho but id have no second thoughts about buying another blaupunkt.

IMHO that looks pretty dull, dont like the look of any of the Blaupunkts, i used to have one, i got it because it was on offer at the time, but i was never super impressed with it, although it wasnt top of the range. It sounded very good, just looked plain.

Titanium Clio 182

Its got a full colour display. Any colour you like and the keys can be changed to any colour you like. Looks good in the dark.

can you tell me what the mp3 playback is like.

I used to own the DAB52, and i had gaps in between "MP3 " tracks, is the DAB54 any better in getting rid of these gaps???

The gaps on the DAB52 was about a second, to about a second and a half.

Stuart

when you say gaps are you refuring to the gaps inbetween each track you have on the CD ?

if so then its nothing to do with your HU but how you have burnt them to the CD

no, its the MP3 gaps, the period of time where the player decodes the mp3. Nothing to do with CD writing software that one, thats just for CD-Audio, and MP3 is burned using CD Data mode.

well my blaupunkt was fine and the only "gap" was as it went form 1 track to the next.

also, when i burn mp3s to CD i just select "make data disk" in nero (old version) then add all the mp3s i want to the CD then burn, on the new version of nero there is a make mp3 CD but it just does the exact same thing as making a data disk afaik..

so iv no idea what your talking about. :)

its the gap inbetween tracks i am on about (within mp3 playback).

Some brands of car headunits actually have very little gap in between tracks making mix cds sounds a lot more mixed in mp3 format!

Quote: Originally posted by stuartturrell on 10 September 2004

its the gap inbetween tracks i am on about (within mp3 playback).

Some brands of car headunits actually have very little gap in between tracks making mix cds sounds a lot more mixed in mp3 format!

???

im sorry but if you have made an MP3 CD and faded the end of track 1 into the start of track 2 and have done this for every track on the CD then you will get no gaps inbetween each track.

if you have a live set by some DJ and have ripped the CD and turned it to an MP3 then burned to CD you will have no gaps during the during play back of that set.

if how ever you have copyed X CD which is a full live set of a DJ but has each track numbered 1 to 16 and not ripped the CD as 1 track or a whole CD and have ripped it track by track then burned the ripped MP3s to a CD yes you will get gaps inbetween each track as it has not been ripped/burned in a way that has kept the whole CD "mixed" if you see what im saying...

what software do you use then to rip your mp3 disk then?

You sound like a person who knows what they are talking about!

I use nero, but in data mode, and i put the structure like this:-

D:\ (as seen on pc)

Then in the D:\ i would have the following.

01 Ministry of Sound Annual 2004 Disk 1

02 Ministry of sound Annual 2004 Disk 2

03 Ministry of Sound Annual 2004 Disk 3

04 Clubmix 2004 Disk 1

05 Clubmix 2004 Disk 2

ETC.. ETC.. up to about 11 or 12, obviously until the space has run out.

I get the mp3s straight off my harddrive, (but before hand, i have used the original cd and ripped it to my harddisk using winamp or real player)

I have done nothing else to the files at all.

So i have still to do something in this process then?

Quote: Originally posted by geoff_clio182 on 10 September 2004

Im thinking about getting the new Clarion touch screen one as my dads Bluespot one is confusing to use!
Was talking to the guy in car audio centre and he said someone changed their Alpine headunit for a touch screen one. He said they fun while they last and now he wants his Alpine back. Novelty wore off after a while.

i use sound forgue to rip CDs, you can either take the whole CD so its just like the original one but with out the tracks listed, or pull out individual tracks, or take the whole CD in 1 go but it will take each track a seperate MP3 file just depends what your want.

if you have an mp3 mix but it has been take with each track listed so its not "mixed" you can rejoin track 1,2,3 etc again to make it mixed, then save that file and burn that

when u rip a cd you can save it as an MP3 or any audio file you like and when you save it as an MP3 you can choose what bitrate you want, obviously the higher the better.

btw sound forgue is not a shareware/free program and should ;) be brought *ahem*