ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY CAR? :(

Dynamique Billabong
Hey guys, I'm confused and in need for advice. Please help if you can.
I have a 2003 1.2 Clio Dynamique Billabong.
  1. The SERV light is now permanently on, which I've found out doesn't relate to a mileage interval but means there's a fault.
  2. Both my front and rear washers/jets have stopped working, there is no noise from the motor when I move the stick, nor do either of the wipers move.
  3. When driving normally, the rear wiper doesn't work at all and the front wiper doesn't work on the first intermittent setting but works on the last two continuous settings.
  4. If I select reverse gear with the headlights etc on, the rear wiper will work. If I go into forward gears with the lights on, the rear wiper still doesn't work.
  5. Also find that when I indicate left, the fog light symbol on my dash flashes and when I brake the fog light symbol on the dash comes on. (Could this be due to the rear left light cluster?) Meanwhile, the front right fog light doesn't work on the car but the left does...this has been tested with a new bulb but still doesn't work.
At the start of this week I thought the wiper problems could be relay/switch related but after noticing the lights and reverse gear also influence the rear wiper, I'm now very confused.

Has anyone got ANY ideas or are my electrics dying?

Cheers :/

Last edited:
The SERV light is now permanently on, which I've found out doesn't relate to a mileage interval but means there's a fault. - SERV light alone, probably due a service, reset the light?

Both my front and rear washers/jets have stopped working, there is no noise from the motor when I move the stick, nor do either of the wipers move. - Checked the fuses?

When driving normally, the rear wiper doesn't work at all and the front wiper doesn't work on the first intermittent setting but works on the last two continuous settings. - Could be due to the fuse as mentioned previously

If I select reverse gear with the headlights etc on, the rear wiper will work. If I go into forward gears with the lights on, the rear wiper still doesn't work. - Fuse as before

Also find that when I indicate left, the fog light symbol on my dash flashes and when I brake the fog light symbol on the dash comes on. (Could this be due to the rear left light cluster?) Meanwhile, the front right fog light doesn't work on the car but the left does...this has been tested with a new bulb but still doesn't work. - Take off both lights and clean the connections on the bulb holders and the wiring plugs with a tiny flat electrical screwdriver or something and use some WD or contact cleaner ideally

Basically... check all wiper/washer related fused first, basics, then if not, check the washer pump wiring connection

PH2 172
Hey guys, I'm confused and in need for advice. Please help if you can.
I have a 2003 1.2 Clio Dynamique Billabong.
  1. The SERV light is now permanently on, which I've found out doesn't relate to a mileage interval but means there's a fault.

Cheers :/
Like the engine oil needs topping up?