ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's your best Insurance Quote for your 182?

182FF c/w Recaros
Just renewed mine (fully Comp) for the bargain (i reckon) price of £317 a year:D

Couldn't imagine getting it much lower than that?

Anyone get below £300....

172 Cup
Depends who it's with.

£420 protected no claims with Direct Line.

I could get it for under £300 with other "companies" but I'd rather go with a well known insurer.

182FF c/w Recaros
I wouldn't say it was with a top line insurer like DL. Probably second tier.:D

Certainly no dodgy bak street mob lol.

Not had any problems with them in the past then i've never made a claim (my fault) in my life lol.

What makes it all the more remarkable for me is that despite being worth 5 times more and double (and more) the insurance group, it's only £50 odd more than my old V plate Fiesta 1.25ghia:eek: (which sold today, wahoo:rasp: )

Trophy No. 440
domtheone said:
Just renewed mine (fully Comp) for the bargain (i reckon) price of £317 a year:D

Couldn't imagine getting it much lower than that?

Anyone get below £300....
I am really going to annoy you.........

£297 for a Trophy !!! (with a major household name company) :D

(but then, I am a knackered old git)

J

jamesy

fully comp with legal cover and courtesy car i got 235 pounds a month on a trophy valued at 12.500 pounds in a high risk post code im 22 with 4 years ncb expensive i thought:dapprove:

J

jamesy

TrophyBoy said:
£235 a month !!!!!

I was talking about £297 a year

Thank God there are some advantages to being old :D
but does cheap insurance outweight gum disease and backache?LOL

J

jamesy

if i was paying that a month for insurance modifications would be out the window:eek:

182FF c/w Recaros
TrophyBoy said:
£235 a month !!!!!

I was talking about £297 a year

Thank God there are some advantages to being old :D

LOL!!

Amen to that.

I'm not that old though. 33. Though that may be classed as old on these forums:S

Twas a good 10 years ago when i was paying the likes of £1000 a year for my old 5 GT Turbo.

Thank fook those days are over:D Was a great car though. Fond memories, mostly, till the Turbo blew up lol.

Liquid Yellow 182
£870 a year with tesco, 25, 1yr ncb, that was good compared to a lot of quotes i got. Most were over £1500

Do points make a difference? I got three yesterday... :(

Liquid Yellow 182
Justin-172 said:
where did you pick them up mate ?

Had an absolute nightmare.

Comin home on M4 yesterday morning from Reading. Got caught doin 119. I know it's not big or clever and I'm actually pretty ashamed of myself. Police were following me undercover from J12 to J14. So lucky they only gave me 3points and £60 fine. So learnt my lesson though, I thought I was gonna get an instant ban.

Also told me off about my numberplate, all the cameras can't pick it up... which i thought might be the case. So gotta get that corrected too, although he didn't book me for it. I was very very lucky and will not be pushing my luck again.

clio 172
(age 24) Paying 550 fully comp , if i was paying 240 a month i would have to downgrade my vehicle!!

you guys are mad paying that!!! you must be enjoying it!!!

i had a subaru impreza at 21 and was only paying 1100 pounds a year fully comp

who you guys with?

182FF c/w Recaros
LadySarah said:
Do points make a difference? I got three yesterday... :(

In my experience yes. It's one thing for your insurance to be marked up if you have several convictions or a serious offence on your licences but for 3 points:rolleyes: , peeves me off.

About £20-£30 in my experience (SP30).

That's only with my insurance company mind.

I can easliy see as I just get a quote online minus/plus the SP30 declaration and the quote changes!
:mad:

Think you did very well to only escape with the punishment you did:D

Clio 182
Im paying £790 a year, 24, and have 2yrs no claims, I went on my parents insurance when i first past my test. Im hoping it will be a lot cheeper next yr when in 25

Liquid Yellow 182
domtheone said:
In my experience yes. It's one thing for your insurance to be marked up if you have several convictions or a serious offence on your licences but for 3 points:rolleyes: , peeves me off.

About £20-£30 in my experience (SP30).

That's only with my insurance company mind.

I can easliy see as I just get a quote online minus/plus the SP30 declaration and the quote changes!
:mad:

Think you did very well to only escape with the punishment you did:D

So should I call my insurance company and tell them about the points then? Or just wait until my renewal is due...?

clio 172
LadySarah said:
So should I call my insurance company and tell them about the points then? Or just wait until my renewal is due...?

i always wait till my renewal is due, when they ask you if there is any changes they should be aware of.

182FF c/w Recaros
MRBILLYUK said:
Your postcode has a big effect on your insurance . If you live in a postcode thats rated as a high risk area your insurance will rocket . :(

Absolutely.

I've no doubts at all that it would be well higher where i used to live with my parents.

At the moment i'm living in a very quiet/safe area where absolutely nothing happens and that's making quite a big difference me feels:D .

182FF c/w Recaros
LadySarah said:

I usually wait till my next premium is due (though I guess once your license comes back you can phone up your insurance company and tell them. No doubt they'll be asking for extra cash:mad: ).

Come Feb 07 then i'll be clean from all my SP30's. Not that i've had many, 3 in 10 years. :S and i might finally get round to getting a new style license as well:rolleyes:.

Be nice to have no endorsements on it:D