ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's your favourite car related YouTube channel?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
@MarkCup How do your Goodwood times compare to the cars that race in the Revival? What are you on similar pace to?

My best in the 140 is a 1:33 and change (I know where there's an easy 0.5-1.0 if only I grew a pair). Comparable qualifying laps taken from various races run at the recent Speedweek events are;

BROOKS / TURKINGTON Mini 1275 GT (P J GREEN) - 1980 1:33.080
Dan COLLINS Lotus-Climax 21 - 1961 1:32.920
Richard WOOLMER HWM-Cadillac - 1954 1:33.076
BECKER / GRAHAM Porsche 904 Carrera GTS - 1965 1:33.322
Malcolm COOK Cooper-Climax T51 - 1959 1:32.807
Richard MEADEN Austin Mini Countryman - 1964 1:33.279
Grant WILLIAMS Jaguar Mk2 - 1961 1:33.416
LAYZELL / MEADEN TVR Grantura MkIII - 1963 1:33.291
Andrew WAREING McLaren-Chevrolet M1A - 1965 1:33.671

How it all stands is that I'd have been in the back half of the grid on most of the races and I'd have snuk on to the front half by a few tenths on some of them. Quite a significant way off compared the the pole position times though, 10 seconds on a few of them, but by no means last.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Watching thos laps genuinely scares me. The pace at which they get round the lap is frightening.

The R32 GTR lap was prob my favourite (there’s a dedicated vid).

On the subject of R32, does anyone watch Alex Crosse? Pretty small YT channel but nice down to earth guy building a Grp A R32 GTR replica in his shed (for track use)

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
+1 for the 993 GT1 video, epic machine.
Got back into YT a bit more recently, is it me or are there a million more ads nowadays?

Been enjoying Car Pervert and Evil GT as a couple of new channels recently. The Evil GT lads are a good laugh, spend 80% of the video taking the piss out of eachother, they're clearly clueless too :LOL:.

Reactions: Ben

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
+1 for the 993 GT1 video, epic machine.
Got back into YT a bit more recently, is it me or are there a million more ads nowadays?

Been enjoying Car Pervert and Evil GT as a couple of new channels recently. The Evil GT lads are a good laugh, spend 80% of the video taking the piss out of eachother, they're clearly clueless too :LOL:.

"is that a new coat that?" 😂

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I'm watching / subscribed to Alex Crosse who's building up a Group A homage to the R32 GTRs.

It's a very decent watch.

The R32 GTR lap was prob my favourite (there’s a dedicated vid).

On the subject of R32, does anyone watch Alex Crosse? Pretty small YT channel but nice down to earth guy building a Grp A R32 GTR replica in his shed (for track use)

You made me quote myself. :cautious:

It's like Binky, only quicker!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Loved watching TaxTheRich but there has been no videos is years which is a shame as you can't beat drifting around your estate.

Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 20.58.54.png

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Been enjoying the CT Crew VLOGs on Car Throttle Extra today. More of a look at the projects and cars owned by the actually crew of CT rather than Alex etc (find them guys a bit annoying).
Only 3 VLOGs so far, but some interesting projects inc. a 182, BMW 850, MR2 and more recently an E28. The main guy (I forget his name) shares the garage with his dad who owns some epic old Alfas, quickly runs through them in the 2nd video.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
He must be nervous because he's like "Oh yeah I repaced loads of bits, I did the grille and the seats..." knowing full well he's done f**k all to it 😂

Nice onnneeeeee bruvvvaaaaaaa

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T

I only intended to listen to the start and then come back to this.

Nope. Right through from start to end. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Chris Harris on Cars is coming back to YT soon as well, happy days.
Also - "Anyone who applies for the TG job is an absolute idiot" :LOL:

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several

I only intended to listen to the start and then come back to this.

Nope. Right through from start to end. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Listened to this last night, was really enjoyable. Didn't realise CT had been bought by Dennis either.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Still enjoying Driftworks YT content, prob one of my fav watches on YT car content. They seem to have good fun on track with the clios, thought Phil might almost be persuaded into a clio after following the 200 the other day in the CSL.

Be pretty epic to see what he’d do to a clio considering the detail he goes into on his other track cars.

Big respect to him tracking the CSL (well, and every other awesome track car he has!) certainly living the automotive dream and not afraid to use them.

Craigs Evo Pajero coming along. Amazing he built that MX5 track car in 2 weeks too!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Stumbled across this guy (ginger one) and he's got some good videos on the car he's building.

This car is mad though and in the video it's low boost....

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Stumbled across this guy (ginger one) and he's got some good videos on the car he's building.

This car is mad though and in the video it's low boost....

Yeah I've watched quite a few of his videos, their drift Sierra is pretty class too.