ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's your favourite car related YouTube channel?

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Darkside a putting out some good stuff recently, considering i'm not a diesel fan 😂

My top ones are Cleetus McFarland, BoostedBoiz, PFI Speed, Skid Factory, Benny's Custom Works, 1320video

God tier list this is, I've been blitzing boosted and PFI videos lately. Such a cool bunch of guys. Brents chillness and enthusiasm is infectious.

Never thought Id say this but I prefer drag over drift now. A lot of drifters on youtube just talk about tyre fitment and 'angle', and its more just wheel spin anti lagg bonnet wastegate dump b****cks.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
If you ignore the fact Adam needs some coaching on facial hair this side of Miami Vice he's got great taste in cars, among other things.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Enjoying Banks Power- he’s a little annoying at times but seems to know his stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
If you ignore the fact Adam needs some coaching on facial hair this side of Miami Vice he's got great taste in cars, among other things.

I stopped watching him a while ago as he got f**king annoying. This came up on my suggestions the other day. Still a bit annoying but he has some f**king cool cars.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245

Shame about his Mustang. Can’t believe they’re reusing the shell though. Going to be a right pain to source everything he needs for a conversion.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Shame about his Mustang. Can’t believe they’re reusing the shell though. Going to be a right pain to source everything he needs for a conversion.

Yeah, I felt sorry for her tbh. Not sure why they were struggling so hard to get the hood open unless I missed something. Could have saved most of the bay potentially

BMW M4; S1000 RR
So for me this guy is the worst of the worst on social media, He does my head in and how the earth he gets away with doing what he does on public roads in a number of different cars is totally beyond me.
"Yes" we dont all drive like old Sandra who is 87 and "Yes" we have broken the speed limit but I for one can 100% say that they days are long gone in my book unless its in the correct environment I.E Track, Private Land, Airfield and so on.

I see that he is now trying to sell his car by doing 3995 tickets at £25.00 a ticket so in effect he is looking for £99,875 for an M4 thats got a bad or good rep depending on how you look at it.

He has said that if they dont sell all the tickets he is willing to sell it when they reach 2500 tickets at £25.00 so this will be a £62,500 car ?

Big drop me £99, 875 to £62,500

That's not what he said really.

He said they'll put a raffle end date on when it reaches 2500 tickets. Which could be a day or could be a year away really. They'll still sell tickets after that.
£100k is a bit rich but it's still probably better odds than BOTB etc.

Swift Sport
I still watch Hubnut videos, but f**k me he's boring. He's like an 80yr old man sometimes, especially at what he finds exciting. I mainly watch it for his travels about and the old cars he features. He's 100% geek though.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Probably get flamed for this but he's simmered the driving in his videos down quite a bit recently.

Other than a few accelerations and a few slidey bits, I can't see much wrong tbh. He's certainly got worse vids.

He doesn't half chat shite mind you.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Probably not the best thread to to jump straight in to with the calibre of the other videos in here but I was hoping to get some feedback on my first proper attempt at a video?

Had a bit of a rotten time mentally recently so I thought giving this ago would give me something to concentrate on and build my confidence up a bit.

A couple of things I think myself, I need to work on the audio situation, I filmed on a go pro hero 7 after my dslr didn't seem to pick me up over the background noise, I had to boost up the audio levels and set the music to 40% to try and compensate, for the difference, I have ordered a tripod mount for my phone to try for the next one before trying some sort of external mic (I want to make sure myself and others actually enjoy the process before going further with kit).

I also need to try and relax and be myself more, I have a terrible sense of humour which hopefully will make a decent watch once I can stop being so robotic, I think I was trying to concentrate on coming across professional rather than myself.

Apologies for the 'strobe' effect on some of the shots, I didn't realise my spotlights were causing this until too late.

Anyway, any comments are appreciated, I have a few good ideas that I haven't seen done yet (I want to do interesting and informative stuff rather than making them because I have to) so if people think it's worth continuing I'll set something in motion.

Thanks in advance!

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Probably not the best thread to to jump straight in to with the calibre of the other videos in here but I was hoping to get some feedback on my first proper attempt at a video?

Had a bit of a rotten time mentally recently so I thought giving this ago would give me something to concentrate on and build my confidence up a bit.

A couple of things I think myself, I need to work on the audio situation, I filmed on a go pro hero 7 after my dslr didn't seem to pick me up over the background noise, I had to boost up the audio levels and set the music to 40% to try and compensate, for the difference, I have ordered a tripod mount for my phone to try for the next one before trying some sort of external mic (I want to make sure myself and others actually enjoy the process before going further with kit).

I also need to try and relax and be myself more, I have a terrible sense of humour which hopefully will make a decent watch once I can stop being so robotic, I think I was trying to concentrate on coming across professional rather than myself.

Apologies for the 'strobe' effect on some of the shots, I didn't realise my spotlights were causing this until too late.

Anyway, any comments are appreciated, I have a few good ideas that I haven't seen done yet (I want to do interesting and informative stuff rather than making them because I have to) so if people think it's worth continuing I'll set something in motion.

Thanks in advance!

Not a bad start at all!
I am going to be critical here. And not because I am an arsehole but because I am a young channel myself and I wish people told me this things at the beginning.
Please don’t take it the wrong way. Comments below come from purely how I watch videos now. Very critical about what people do. I take best bits from videos that work and ditch what isn’t.
1. You talk too much. At the beginning people won’t care for your personality or you story etc etc. They don’t know you. They will be fast forwarding. If you need to talk, talk over footage of cars, panning shots, birds in trees etc etc.
2. Change camera angle more, especially on tripod shots when you talk to camera. Even cutting it with zoomed shots of face/hands/cat works to keep viewers attention.
3. Be extremely ruthless with cutting. You can shrink that video in to 2-3 min easy.
4. Don’t use fish eye on cars exterior. Ever.
5. Get a wireless mic
6. Relax a bit more, you pacing. Do a dry run infront of mirror. Yes I did it! Work great!
7. Slow down you cam movement way down.

And some general tips.:
1. Don’t ask your close friends and family what they think. They will sugar coat it and you will not learn from mistakes as fast.
2. Try to enjoy it more! I got a feeling you were slightly trying to hard. But it’s understandable and it will come.
3. Don’t be afraid to experiment with editing.
4. Work on your thumbnails.
5. Get YouTube buddy. Even free version is good to start.
6. When watching someone else, don’t watch for content watch for technical aspects. Edditing they do, how they film, how they talk etc etc.
7. Upload at least weekly. Stick to schedule
8. Take criticism on board but ignore the haters! Like completely. Interwebs is full of them.

Overall good start!
And don’t take my words as a guide. I am barely over 2k subs myself but more you do it better you will become.
Hope any of my advice will help!

Ps. Subscribed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
@RuskiWeldShit perfect, that's exactly the type of feedback I was after! You have picked up on a lot of the points I also thought myself anyway so nice to hear that I was on the right lines on how to improve.

I'll certainly take the advice on board, like you say I think once I start to relax I'll enjoy it more and hopefully that will come across.

Thanks for the time spent giving advice!

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
honestly happy to help if i can. look at mine. if you look at older videos from 6-7 months you will see night and day difference. and it works. more views, more retention etc etc. i mean i am no expert lol and its not like i gained 100k in a month lol. but i am improving

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Thanks in advance!

I've only skimmed through it so far as I'm trying to render my latest video and my PC's taking an age, but I echo everything said by @RuskiWeldShit above.

B roll footage is your friend, b roll, b roll, b roll.

If you want to cut down the workload on editing and your PC, multiple stills with a slight zoom or pan movement achieve the exact same thing.

Unless for specific reasons, I try not to have any one camera angle for more than 10 seconds, cut to another angle, cut to some b roll etc.

The YT viewing public have a short attention span and get bored quickly, keep it moving and dynamic.

I'm also no expert, but my stats are respectable, and I see every video as another learning experience.

Look at it that way, ignore the haters, and enjoy the process 👍

Just got an email from Cleetus for the upcoming event. Wont be as exciting as the crown vics but should still be fun, I dont fully get the burnout comps but understand how they are marked. Racings better tbf.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I’m looking forward to it tbh. Vaughn is a f**king legend and having the whole site to skid around should be fun.

Burnout competitions probably make more sense when you can smell it tbh

Ive just found this channel and surprisingly easy to just sit back and watch.
This is the vid the first poped up

Swift Sport
Everyday Driver is an awful channel but seems popular across the pond. A couple of yanks reviewing and comparing cars using expressive terms, but basically chatting b****cks with little to no substance to their opinions.