ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's your favourite car related YouTube channel?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Shameless plugging. Again. But I did my first “trackday vlog”, so keen to hear what you guys make of it. Obviously my GoPro constantly shitting itself wasn’t ideal and I’ve sorted a replacement.

Taking my Volkswagen Up! GTI on its first trackday.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Shameless plugging. Again. But I did my first “trackday vlog”, so keen to hear what you guys make of it. Obviously my GoPro constantly shitting itself wasn’t ideal and I’ve sorted a replacement.

Taking my Volkswagen Up! GTI on its first trackday.

I've got that in my to-watch list!

I've gotten into AutoAlex recently. I went off the CarThrottle stuff a while ago as it became a bit stale, I saw Alex went off on his own and it didn't really interest me that much (and didn't suprise me either), I used to find his presenting style quite annoying.
However, randomly watched one of his vids the other week and enjoyed it and ended up watching nearly everything on the channel, his mate Taylor is a funny c*nt.
Plus, what else would you do with a cheap XJR found at auction other than straight piping it?

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Watched that yesterday, £7k a year to insure everything!
Got to be so frustrating to complete a rebuild just for a manufacturer supplied product not be to the exact spec of the original, bet there's been so much head scratching and annoyance.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Watched that yesterday, £7k a year to insure everything!
Got to be so frustrating to complete a rebuild just for a manufacturer supplied product not be to the exact spec of the original, bet there's been so much head scratching and annoyance.
20 cars and 18 bikes...must take some admin to sort all those out in respect to MOT, etc.

I remember him saying in an old video that when he had the Zonda that one car was something daft like 70% of the total cost of his policy.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Yeah easily or Raleigh. You could visibly see how determined he was to get Chicago in a good way and it kept fighting back with considerable blows🤣
It was a f**king rollercoaster ride with the several engine builds he had to do. He has too much patience.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I've got that in my to-watch list!

I've gotten into AutoAlex recently. I went off the CarThrottle stuff a while ago as it became a bit stale, I saw Alex went off on his own and it didn't really interest me that much (and didn't suprise me either), I used to find his presenting style quite annoying.
However, randomly watched one of his vids the other week and enjoyed it and ended up watching nearly everything on the channel, his mate Taylor is a funny c*nt.
Plus, what else would you do with a cheap XJR found at auction other than straight piping it?
Alex and Taylor are f**king superb, way better than the wannabe top gear banter that he had on CT with the other two

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Not seen this guy before, and I'm not really familiar with American cars, but this was good entertainment. Trying to drive 2100 miles with no oil pressure.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Another decent Car Cave episode:

Also whoever recommended M539 Restorations, I thank you, I'm 7 episodes deep into Project Chicago, I have absolutely no idea about anything he is doing but I also can't stop watching.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Surprised that Carfection has gone bust, wondered why I’d not seen Catchpole on there much recently.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'll get slated for this but I don't mind a bit of officially gassed. One of the best one is this one imo..

I'm also subbed to Misha Charoudin who does a lot of Nurburgring stuff.

Last edited:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Surprised that Carfection has gone bust, wondered why I’d not seen Catchpole on there much recently.
Jayemm did a video on the subject. Basically the high quality or long form/complex content doesn’t draw enough views to cover the cost of making it. When he or Metcalfe etc make a big video with a complex shoot it simply doesn’t make money, they do it because either they can afford to take the hit to do something they want or it’s something they were going to do anyway (for example a big trip) and they might as well bring a camera and recoup a bit of the cost with some content.

Carfection strived for the high quality content and presumably hoped that there would be enough interest later on to pay it all back, but the audience simply isn’t large enough

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
It's sad really, as the Carfection stuff was really good. It's clearly just not what a lot of people want though. It baffles me what does and doesn't get views though. I put a really badly edited video up a few weeks ago and it's had 11k views so far. It was so bad that I didn't even realise I had forgotten to delete a title slide I put at the end and didn't use. Contrast that with one I put up a week-or-so ago that I spent way more time editing, which has only got about 300 views, despite me plugging it on other platforms. I know people talk endlessly about algorithms, but luck plays a huge part in it as far as I can tell.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
Carfection would have been more suited to Netflix, there are no car review shows on the streaming platform, just the usual hotrod dross.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Some absolutely fantastic long format interviews coming from Jayemm lately:
Stories about the car industry and quality control, with some good, and some bad!

Starting off as a farmer, and then going on to buy MOT write off supercars which ultimately led to Ferraris, GT40s and beyond

Huge collection of cars, ultimately ending up in owning WRC cars

You might know him as the CEO of Aston Martin, but he also invented the crossover and designed a whole host of other cars first.