ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's your favourite car related YouTube channel?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The standard YouTube thumbnail MUST have a large yellow text headline splattered across it.
With a superimposed picture of YouTube person, in an emotional embrace. OTHERWISE nobody will watch.

We are so original as a species. Sigh.
Sadly, the viewing figures speak for themselves on this.

If I put my face on with some bright clickbait text the video will ALWAYS do better. No matter the content.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Sadly, the viewing figures speak for themselves on this.

If I put my face on with some bright clickbait text the video will ALWAYS do better. No matter the content.
That wasn't a dig at you, if you thought it was. Defo not. Apologies if so.

By the sounds of it, my sarcastic remark was true if there's science behind the views 😞

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
That wasn't a dig at you, if you thought it was. Defo not. Apologies if so.

By the sounds of it, my sarcastic remark was true if there's science behind the views 😞
No didn’t take it as a dig at all! Was agreeing and maybe somewhat explaining the cringy phenomenon haha

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
I don’t mind the Motor Addict channel.
And they’ve some Renault content out tonight.

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
I find their stuff sh1t… I don’t mind them, but their videos are hit miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss hit miss miss miss
Totally agree, I used to watch a lot of their videos back in the day but I've barely watched anything from them in the past year.

What amazes me the most is that for an automotive channel, it seems like both of them aren't very good at actually driving the cars. Any time they go on track it makes me cringe. They may have improved since I last watched them however.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
MCM only seem to have builds you'd need professional mechanics and fully kitted out garages to achieve and the channel has basically become 30minutes adverts for their various sponsors, I prefer Juicebox tbh, more down to earth, more honest, more believable builds and more likeable blokes.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Totally agree, I used to watch a lot of their videos back in the day but I've barely watched anything from them in the past year.

What amazes me the most is that for an automotive channel, it seems like both of them aren't very good at actually driving the cars. Any time they go on track it makes me cringe. They may have improved since I last watched them however.
They don’t do anything, they’re presenters of other people doing stuff.. there’s only so many air filters and wheels that need fitting.

I watch a guy guy collect a set of new wheels and test fit in his car build.. more interesting.

Someone do a shock rebuild.. more interesting.

Dan chambers welding arches on or making a full camper kitchen himself, more interesting.

Ratarossa doing a Ferrari rebuild start to finish in 6 videos (interesting) while tavarish has done 700 just on buying his P1… (boring because he knows fk all)

Or I can watch these 2 waffle pure guff and drag a video out 30 minutes while doing actual nothing.. I don’t dislike them, but I can guarantee they’re just gonna waffle, it’s almost as bad as watching VinWiki, a 30 minute boring story that could, and is often explained in a single paragraph in the comments..

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I think I started getting a bit tired of them was when they started doing builds dedicated towards sponsor events or video games etc.

Pretty much says that the builds were being funded by other means which just made it a bit meaningless, moreso that the whole "we need to build this car within 3 days in time for X show" pure nonsense.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I watched the hot hatch series MCM did recently, with the Swift Sport and the 206. It was ok, but it was annoying that they went the route of spunking money on the Japanese car, but doing a s**t job with the Peugeot. Would have been more interesting if they'd done a more direct comparison.

I like Jimmy Oakes. I don't watch the ones where he goes to shows or events, but the videos in the workshop are pretty good, and they often go into a bit of detail.

A lot of them get boring in the end though, as they have to do what's needed in order to be able make money out of it.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I watched the hot hatch series MCM did recently, with the Swift Sport and the 206. It was ok, but it was annoying that they went the route of spunking money on the Japanese car, but doing a s**t job with the Peugeot. Would have been more interesting if they'd done a more direct comparison.

I like Jimmy Oakes. I don't watch the ones where he goes to shows or events, but the videos in the workshop are pretty good, and they often go into a bit of detail.

A lot of them get boring in the end though, as they have to do what's needed in order to be able make money out of it.
Or even if they just bought a decent French car to start with, they somehow bought just about the worst hatch to base a track car on IMO. Felt to me like their French shed jokes wouldn’t have worked if they’d bought something decent and that was about the only entertaining part of that series.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Problem in Australia is lack of choice I suspect. Can't be many out there. It could have been ok. The 1.6 16v 206 was the basis for the 206 Super Cup so, if done right, it could have been decent. They just decided to go down the stupid, clickbait route sadly.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone watch the Late Brake Show - Car Caves? Seriously addicted to those at the moment, some great collections/stories out there!
I have a proper marmite thing for Jonny, sometimes I enjoy watching it, other times I can't stand him. He seems to be a proper try hard at times and loves to elevenerife folk. I stopped listing to the Smith and Sniff podcast as well because of it

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I wont hear a bad word said about Jonny or the Smith and Sniff podcast! They're my staples on YT at the moment.

Another +1 for the Juicebox stuff too.

Not long ago I found this chap, probably already in this thread. I find his presenting style fantastic, and I do enjoy watching him revive old american rust buckets.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Just watched the latest drfitworks video about their ring track day. Anyone know why they have so much hate for tourist days (they discus it three minutes into the video).

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Just watched the latest drfitworks video about their ring track day. Anyone know why they have so much hate for tourist days (they discus it three minutes into the video).

Because TF is a s**t show at times and you have no insurance.

That weekend was f**king savage for closures and biiiig shunts as well.

Oh and one of their friends had a massive, massive bill from an incident years back. Like huge.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Because TF is a s**t show at times and you have no insurance.

That weekend was f**king savage for closures and biiiig shunts as well.

Oh and one of their friends had a massive, massive bill from an incident years back. Like huge.
👍 just found an old post on the incident in question…..does make you think

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
You got a link? Was it the one involving the ring taxi?

Whenever I think of TF crashes this one always springs to mind.

seen that before, does make it appear poorly marshaled (I know it's an old video)

See post 12 from Phil from Driftworks himself

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Another angle and a more sensible person parking AFTER the crash.

I went around 2010/2011 and had TF tuition from a guy who worked at Rent 4 Ring.

Some of the stories really put me off going again and one comment that he made still repeats on my mind. He said that if I was to hit a motorcyclist then reverse over him and finish him off as you’ll be paying for him for the rest of your life.

Now how true this actually is I don’t know but it sure resonates on me and I’d only go there now to either spectate or do a proper track day.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
What an odd thing to say, of course you'll pay for the rest of your life if you deliberately reverse over a biker you just knocked off his bike, it's called murder.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
What an odd thing to say, of course you'll pay for the rest of your life if you deliberately reverse over a biker you just knocked off his bike, it's called murder.
I believe what the r4r fella was insinuating is they will financially ruin you for that persons healthcare costs for the foreseeable so you might as well run him over as it’d be cheaper.

This chap is worth a watch If you like to see down to earth guys within the motor trade. Fairly new channel - he trades from home but has just taken on a small site to expand which he's documenting.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Great little documentary about the early years of Nascar, the Hudson Hornet and it's legacy and place in popular culture after the Pixar movie.