ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whcih clay and wax

RS Meg 175
well i use:

Megs clay kit with QD in it

but for good results most people would say:

AutoGlym Super Resin
AutoGlym Extra Gloss Protection

And follow with a good carnauba wax :) like P21's or nattys, but xxx is pretty good i hear

but tbh mate your probably incouraging the swirl marks with that rotary your using

Matt

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
if i have m seal do i just need resin then dont i,
i thought people used those machine things for buffing,
but megs clay kit is it good, and is it ok to use with chemical guys QD

BMW E46 330i Touring
Rotaries are very hard to use without making the paintwork look worse unless you're very practised. Your best bet is a PC polisher which mimmicks natural hand movement (Random orbital) and so is harder to make mistakes with.

As for clay, any light cut clay bar will do the trick and I polish-wise the AG SRP is highly recommended on here, as is the Klasse AIO. The M Sealant would effectively replace the need for the AG EGP, so you'd follow it up with a pure Carnuba ideally, differing onces depending on your paint work.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
thanks ad, i got a racing blue 182 at moment i use xxx,
so ill get the srp, sorted, is megs clay bar ok to use?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yeah fine, along with the supplied QD or anything you may already have. For blue, Natty's Blue Carnuba is highly recommended, or Pinnacle Souveran. I haven't tried XXX but that's obviously highly recommended too.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
sorted ill get srp and megs then, s**t i just bought xxx, is blue carnuba better for my colour?

Fiat Coupe 20vt
The Sonus is very good, although it's quite aggressive so ok if you are going to polish afterwards. It really will remove any contamination though.

For a milder clay the Sonus Green is the one to go for.