ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel bearing heil..

thinking of doing my rear wheel bearing my self.on the mk 2 172 clio. as i have just had a price from my local garage of 105 quid ..seems a bit high just for the bearing..any 1 here done then there selfs? and is so are ther pretty stight forword to do...any tips welcome...thx

You will need a bearing press mate, best bet is to take your rear brake disc off and take it to a small garage with your new bearing and just ask them to swap em over.

Mine only charge me a tenner to do this

Like smokey said, also can sometimes be a c**t to get the discs off, might need a hub puller, some come off ok, some dont, luck of the draw i guess

Lionel Richie

much easier to replace both rear discs in one go (they come complete with bearings)

if you need a price for these (were much cheaper than renault) then call Yoz on 07718790098

total cost should be around the £100 mark

ok guys thx for your help and advice..am gona give it a try tomorrow.got a m8 comeing round to help 2..will let you know how i go on with it......fred i already got the bearing or i would have had the discs..sound s a good price...

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 18 August 2005
much easier to replace both rear discs in one go (they come complete with bearings)

if you need a price for these (were much cheaper than renault) then call Yoz on 07718790098

total cost should be around the £100 mark

IIRC Renault wanted around the £110 mark for ONE disc

hi..managed to do the bearing.took me about one and half hours to do.just had to take the main hub and disc to my local garege for them to press it out charged me 5 quid for it doing..not to bad!!. total cost for me to do it myself was 26 for the bearing 5 for press and 5 quid for the hub socket...36 quid in all reanult where gona charge me 105..thx for all your tips and advice