ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Bearing How To anyone?

J@Y

Clio 182 and CBR 600
Is there a How To Guide for changinf front wheel bearings on the clio on here anywhere?

Can someone link me please? Couldn't find it with a search :(

172/1.2/E30
I am afraid, you will need a press to get them out of the hub. Get the complete hub off and a let a garage fit the new bearings.

J@Y

Clio 182 and CBR 600
I have got access to a press, it's just the process of getting the old one out and pressing the new one in I need clarifying.

Thanks

Arctic Blue 182 FF
I have got access to a press, it's just the process of getting the old one out and pressing the new one in I need clarifying.

Thanks
Havnt done a clio one but have done plenty others,i use a large socket same size as bearing outer edge to push out and push new one in,make sure you have removed circlip if theres one fitted and put it in the right way up(some fit either way)just common sense really ;)

J@Y

Clio 182 and CBR 600
Thanks mate.

Yep, that's pretty much what I've done before. Just wondering how hard they are to do on the Clio. Only problems I've had before are removing the outer race from the hub on removal as the shoulder can get in the way. I've had to heat the hub up before with an oxy burner!

Any one know if they have a circlip on these cars?

Megane dci 130
Remove hub from car.
Remove disc from hub.
Hit out the flange from the inside of the bearing.
Remove circlip from inside of hub.
Press out old bearing
Press in new bearing
Grind off old race that will have stuck on the flange.
Press flange back into bearing.
Refit new circlip
rebuild car.

Front wheel bearing, done.

Lionel Richie
i never press the bearings out of front hubs, always scared of bending/snapping them, i smash out the insides the weld up the race then tap it out with a chisel, they press in a lot easier too