ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel bearing

Went out to the Bucks meet last night, and James (iirc) diagnosed the problem as a bad wheel bearing. So at lunchtime I got the car jacked up and rocked the back wheel, there was lots of movement.

Trying to keep up witht the guys last night through the twisties, I thought I was going to die. Steering was wandering all over the place and when I brake it pulls really hard to the right. I'm also slightly concerned that if one has gone, should I be concerned about the others?

Anyone know where I can go to sort this out on the cheap? Someone told me somewhere but I can't remember.

Lace

Track 172 & Golf R32
not braking in a straight line is a different problem.. your other wheel bearings will be ok if its just that one.. does it make a whiring sort of noise ?

pretty sure a dodgy wheel bearing would affect its ability to brake in a straight line.

Its more of a chirp/moan.

Track 172 & Golf R32
if wheel bearings affected it like that the car wouldnt move in a straight line because the bearings are found in the hub and are used as long as the car is moving not just braking.. that problem sound more like tracking to me

Track 172 & Golf R32
thats tracking or wheel allignment as some people call it.. when you get that done make sure the people use lasers and not the old fashioned equipment..

Last edited:
  AMV8, Mk1 Golf
if there is play in the wheel then its most likely a bearing, they are £25 each from k-tec or about £11 from GSF , will need to have them pressed into your rear disk, a garrage will do this for about £20 for you

if there is play in the wheel then its most likely a bearing, they are £25 each from k-tec or about £11 from GSF , will need to have them pressed into your rear disk, a garrage will do this for about £20 for you

perfect, thanks babe :)