ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel bearings

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
hi guys wonder if any of you can help.

i have just been informed by my local kwik-fit guy that my rear-right wheel bearing is on the way out. There is no wobble in the wheel as yet, but i have noticed a slight noise when driving (a sort of humming noise). i have it booked into my local garage for next thursday (my next day off work).

i was wondering if any of you know how long it takes to replace a rear wheel bearing on a 1.2 16v 2002 clio? and also the average cost.??

(i was quoted £60 including labour)

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Easy job..

Wheel off
hub nut off
pull brake disk off
press old bearing out
press new one in

then refit.

Looking for a 1.8 16v
just took my car to the garage they chargin 30quid for the part 30quid for fittin so £60 in total which i fink is a fair price

Mercedes C200,Clio R.I.P.
bearing is £18 here

and £15 to get pressed or

£18 for bearing and £35 to let garage do it.

so doing ti urself is better idea

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
Where is cheapest to do bearings, cos i wanna do one of mine. It's starting to wear.

P.s. i'm in scotland

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Doyle said:
bearing is £18 here

and £15 to get pressed or

£18 for bearing and £35 to let garage do it.

so doing ti urself is better idea

That price is likely for a mk1, he has a mk 2 = more expensive

and to the guy above, try your local motor factors or GSF

Mercedes C200,Clio R.I.P.
GavFre said:
That price is likely for a mk1, he has a mk 2 = more expensive

and to the guy above, try your local motor factors or GSF

that price is for a mk2, thanks!

172 ph1
Think £18 would be without VAT.

Juust changed rear discs and bearings at the same time. Ordered bearings off GSF, think about £25 each and got garage to press them for £10 each disc.

£60 is pretty decent, just depends if you can be bothered doing all the work and waiting a few days for deliveries and pressing etc.

I have a phase1 172 by the way althought think it's the same bearings for most mk2 clios.