ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel bearings..

Going to the garage tomorrow to have it looked at and a general look around the car to see if there are any potential problems but i know one of the bearings are going, its really loud and some places are quoting £80+ to sort it. Just so i know how can i tell which wheel it is so i can check online for prices of parts etc.. When i turn left the sound disappears.

Mk5 golf gti
Place your hands at 12:00 and 6:00 on the wheel and wiggle it in a rocking motion
after jacking it up on the correct side that is.and jus check for excessive play

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
sounds about right. about 20 quid for the part and an hour or so labour.

both rear ones aparantly but the sound totally goes when turning left. Ive been quoted £120 for them replacing? I take it these are not an easy part to replace, will be talking to my grandad later on who sorts out lorry engines and the likes so maybe he has the gear available. Two parts though, drum breaks and disc ones how do i know what mine are? lol thanks.

17RS2'd Cup
I just had my rear offside done today. £140 at a dealer so £120 for both rear is pretty good goon mate.

ph2 clio 172
I never been able to wiggle a wheel like that! maybe I just too weak. When you get the humming noise and you think its a bearing and dont know which one, jack up car, spin the wheel with your hand, hold the spring at the same time, if you can feel anything in the spring wheel bearing most likely gone.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
mine was £55 inc VAT all in for the left rear bearing (part was £13 from GSF, labour £42)