ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Cleaning, plus the tyre shop have damaged my wheels

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Got some new tyres fitted the other day. Tyres are fine, its the job the fitter did I am not pleased with.

Firstly, they have damaged the top of the rims and bashed off some of the paint. I know its not the end of the world, as really you cannot see it, but I know its there. Have touched this up and all back to normal.
However, they have got this black gunk/rubbish on them and I cannot seem to wash it off, no idea what it is. Is there a good cleaner out there that will help? Something that isn't too aggressive to paint. Also something that helps remove the break dust as my nice bright orange wheels constantly have a black haze to them!

I have no idea why they have to remove the tyre from the front rim, can they remove it from the inside of the wheel? As I am not fussed about damage there as they are only sprayed black on the inside for this very reason!! Black is an easier colour to match than a pearlescent orange!

Golfs
Clay bar them, probably take it all right out.

They cannot use the rear as the machine locks in from the back and can't be reversed as it uses the barrel to grip the wheel.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
the way the wheel is made the tyre can only come off the front.

the black stuff could be tyre soap that should wash off quite easy or if its black and rubbery could be rim seal used to seal your tyre on the rim to stop it leaking due to the inside of the wheel bead being corroded.

if the alloys have recently been repainted or a cheap respray its easy to damage it with just the tyre sometimes unavoidable.