ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel grinding bump in the arch SOLVED at last.

2002 172 cup
I like to run my cup quite low but the bumper mount has really been anoying me recently when I give it some beans around the twisties. rather than raise the car I tackled the problem today and this is how it went.

first I cut this piece of the bumper away.

DSC00450.jpg

Then I bent the offending bracket up out of the way

DSC00453.jpg

You will notice in the above pic I have created a new mounting point for the corner of the bumper using a nut and bolt 10mm through the lip of the wing using a 5mm drill bit and simply bolted tght. Also can i add that the alignment of the bumper is now tighter and better than ever.
DSC00451.jpg

also to add I cut away the part of the inner guard but it had worn through anyway. I also coated the shiney bits in hammerite to protect it a bit. anyways thought I would post this up as I searched for a solution for ages. I know it looks like I destroyed things but it works and I not longer have to worry about those grinding noises. Im well chuffed. If you decide to have a go, be careful when drilling as you could easily damage the wing if you are not competent. oh and dont blame me if you wreck things. good luck.