ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel nut

clio 182 sport
anyone had this problem put the wheel brace on nut taking tightness of and it just snapped so now im left with a bolt in the threads.will i be able to get it drilled and tapped out cheers.

clio sport 172 ff
you could possibly drill a small hole in the end of the snapped bolt and use summit called an easy out which might pull it out for ya?

182 FF
yeah its a ball ache,

just re read the post, you might have to drill and tap it to extract it, is there anyway of accessing it from the rear of the hub? just a random thought:S

Last edited:
  Clio172
I had this happen to me once...i drilled about half an inch into the snapped bold then wacked the drill into reverse and pushed hard. The bolt worked itself out :rasp:
I was lucky though as the nuts wer not seized in the first place.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Had this twice now, maybe more,.. sucks balls. Place I took mine welded a bolt to the seized and snapped bolt and undid it.