ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel problems

ep2
hey all, i ve got gloss black wheels and they are getin little scratches when i wash them i think :mad:. can any1 reconmend any pruducts to get rid of them or help me prevent any more scratches. at the mo i us AG shampoo with a sponge, then dryed with leather, then AG wheel seal spray.

106 GTi
Ditch the sponge as it will grind the dirt into the wheels and cause the marring you are seeing, use an old wash mitt just for the wheels.

Rinse the dirt of first with a hose , Spray the wheels with Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner or Autoglym Engine and machine cleaner and allow it to attack the dirt first.

As for the scratches remove them out with a polish, then seal and protect them with a decent sealant.

106 GTi
I would think so, esp. if mixed up strong. I tend to try and keep it on the tyres and in the wheel arches, and just use soap and water on the wheels.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Thanks, I'm going to take my wheels off and either change them to turnis or give these ones a nice clean and seal with some CG Wheel gaurd which has just arrived from CWW.