ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Scuff. Repairable?

182FF
Did this awhile ago and because of the grey wheels its noticeable so is doing my nut in. Is this repairable or would you think its a full refurb? Nothing else is wrong with the wheel at all.

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

Thanks

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
if you can get a good match you should be able to sand it back and just spray over it

Punto/Clio GTT
its easily repairable, but the whole wheel needs painting.

when you paint 1 wheel it will never look the same compared to the other 3. wont be noticeable to the other side but definatly to the one on the back.

you could also do a spot repair and just spray that little spoke on the wheel, but it would only be a matter of time before it started flaking

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I am no painter, and FM is I believe, but as long as you don't strive for perfection, I'd say a good wheel place could fill that and blend that in.

182FF
Nice one. Guess only way to find out really is take it some places. Thought I'd get some info thought just invade some places try to tell me the whole wheel needs doing etc

ph2 172 and 106 gti
i would try a mobile service, because they will probably be able to do a smart repair on it and blend it in, as they fill it then they mix the paint to the exact colour then sort of airbrush it in, had it done a couple of times on stone chips on the body of my cars and i am well fussy when it comes to this and they do an excellent job,