ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel spacer size

Hello fella'a my eibach sportlines and I'm now contemplating some spacers.

Using my state of the art measuring system (chock of wood & a tape measure) I notice I have 35mm at the back and 40mm at the front to make them flush with the wheel arch. Now I've noticed most people only run 10mm at the back and 16mm at the front how come?

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Depends what model you're running. My 172 only needs 10mm rear/20mm front before its poking out.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Don't have any pics with spacers fitted. Not sure about the stub axles. I never had to replace them but I know they're roughly 8mm shorter than the 182s. I think the 10/16 combo is more to do with track handling than keeping wheels flush with the arches

SQ5
25mm/15mm

c811ecbea7d292edc0cf6abe8c630b01.jpg

SQ5
Didn't really notice much, but every Clio I've had has had 25mm spacers up front as it looks better

Delta mics? Have u got a link?

Been looking at the eBay m.a.d ones that bolt to the hub. The m.a.d stuff seems to get a good rep

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Apologies for the hijack. I could do with the front wheels sticking out a touch. Now I have 15's with a different offset which helps. But would 25mm spacers cause issue on track? At the moment it doesn't scrub

87B4117D-976F-42F2-B8B9-759BE6C93EAA_zps1rjgjzp6.gif

SQ5
Delta mics? Have u got a link?

Been looking at the eBay m.a.d ones that bolt to the hub. The m.a.d stuff seems to get a good rep

MAD ones are good yes!

Apologies for the hijack. I could do with the front wheels sticking out a touch. Now I have 15's with a different offset which helps. But would 25mm spacers cause issue on track? At the moment it doesn't scrub

How different is the offset between wheels?

25mm are needed for standard 16's IMO

SQ5
I would say you'd be fine. I'd only buy bolt to hub spacers personally. Then use your original bolts.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ok cheers. I think the rear looks fine, it does have 2 degree shims wether that helps the look, I'm guessing it would . It's on the front really that needs help. May get the ones mad sell unless someone on here has a set

172 Ph1
I would say you'd be fine. I'd only buy bolt to hub spacers personally. Then use your original bolts.

Only for road use Id say that was a good idea , but for track use no . Recently I read a vehicles spacer which was bolted to the hub worked loose out on track .
I personally think worrying about 4 bolts/nuts is bad enough let alone 8 .
Wheels off every time to check torque ect .

172 Ph1
Rear 10mm with 1deg camber shim also
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425853565.319100.jpg

20mm front with 2.5 deg camber

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425853646.800382.jpg

If your not running any major camber the tyre will sit closer to the arch

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
How much is that lowered by mate. As I have 2degree shims rear, and run the same camber upfront.

Clio DCi 65
Could someone message me a link to get some good quality spacers with bolts, sorry to hijack thread but dont want to make a new one.

Thanks