ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel spin

Status
Not open for further replies.
  clio 172 cup
Hi just been out in my clio and notice it will spinning in second gear when I floored it is this clutch slip or wheel speed it was quite greasy on the Rd?

Hi just been out in my clio and notice it will spinning in second gear when I floored it is this clutch slip or wheel speed it was quite greasy on the Rd?
Probably the road conditions. It's cup killing season though, so if you carry on flooring it yours might make the list ;)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Coopers?
I've got Pilot Exaltos/Sports (can't remember which ones are on the front) and mine only spins at the top of 1st in the wet (unless turning ofc).

clio 172 cup
Also done all the clutch test and it always stalls and also loaded the clutch up 5th at 30mph and also didn't slip

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Repeated and excessive heavy application of pressure with the right foot on the accelerator pedal.
+
Tyres which are excellent locators of roadside furrows
+
A road surface which has been coated in a mixture of oil, diesel, grease, mud, dirt and McDonalds chip fat giving a coating which yields very poor adhesion when lubricated with water.

The first two can be solved, the third one is a constant.

clio 172 cup
Just been out in it and the Rd is wet now and it's not doing it so must of been greasy and icy

clio 172 cup
Oh really can't be any good then we all know Americans know nothing about handling lol it's the combination of no weight and crazy power lol

Last edited:
  Cup In bits
Clutch time, defo.

I have Coopers on my Jeep, multi award winning tyre i'll have you know... don't just assume because you're not in the know.

I don't see peoples fascination putting on Ps3's, conti 3,4,5 etc. Its all relative to the cars worth imo and for road use on a couple of grand "clio" they're far from needed. Many lesser known brands of tyres are handing their arse to the big players, R&D costs have came down a load in the last decade, hence the finer line between good and bad tyres.

Thats my 2p.

clio 172 cup
Clutch time, defo.

I have Coopers on my Jeep, multi award winning tyre i'll have you know... don't just assume because you're not in the know.

I don't see peoples fascination putting on Ps3's, conti 3,4,5 etc. Its all relative to the cars worth imo and for road use on a couple of grand "clio" they're far from needed. Many lesser known brands of tyres are handing their arse to the big players, R&D costs have came down a load in the last decade, hence the finer line between good and bad tyres.

Thats my 2p.
Oh ok mate will look into it thanks

Clutch time, defo.

Thats my 2p.

It's relative to how you drive, not worth of the car!

Clio 182
Best way, make sure you have decent tyres and drive more carefully, ie.. not flooring it everywhere and when it comes to slowing down try to use your cars engine and gearbox to slow you down, and use a tiny amount of brake for the rest...

Cup In bits
It's relative to how you drive, not worth of the car!
It does depend on what their use is yes, but to put £400 tyres on a Clio for road use to me is stupid tbh. Whats that, a 1/4 to a 6th of most Clios net worth?

I'm not shy of spending silly money on car modifications as you'll see from my project threads but for a road Clio it just doesn't warrant them for me. An equivalent tyre could be had for much less without the brand snobbery and with a little research. Granted you have the odd hoon in a road car but you're not skirting that fine line of grip corner after corner.

All IMO.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
charlesdarwin1.jpg

Reactions: OJD
  Ph1
It does depend on what their use is yes, but to put £400 tyres on a Clio for road use to me is stupid tbh. Whats that, a 1/4 to a 6th of most Clios net worth?

I'm not shy of spending silly money on car modifications as you'll see from my project threads but for a road Clio it just doesn't warrant them for me. An equivalent tyre could be had for much less without the brand snobbery and with a little research. Granted you have the odd hoon in a road car but you're not skirting that fine line of grip corner after corner.

All IMO.

I think with tyres, expense of them vs cars value goes out the window. Its the only contact you have with the road, your life is worth more than any cars value.
That said if you drive like a idiot in dodgy conditions it probably wouldn't matter what tyres a person had on.

It is quite scary to think someone can't tell the diff between a slipping clutch, dodgy tyres or a slippy road.

Status
Not open for further replies.