ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Stuck on hub!! ****HELP ****

2008 Clio 1.2 TCE
I was taking the wheels off there and came to the locking bolt and it started loosing then wouldnt loosen any more or tighten. I thinking the bolt is just spinning in the hub.

Any ideas?

2008 Clio 1.2 TCE
Not very much. I think it may have to be drilled out then get a new hub. But any ideas other than drilling it out?

2008 Clio 1.2 TCE
that kind of thing. However you can get the best pressure pulling the bolt outwards while unwinding really

yeah but it being a locking bolt the locking tool just keeps sliping off :( I'l give it a go. Once its off i take it i'm going to need a new hub?

Golf GTD Mk7
IIRC the hubs are slightly stronger than the nuts threads, so i'd imagine they will be fine. Have you used a breaker bar on it? As said blow torch from behind ;) and try and shock it. Which bit is spinning btw, the surround on the nut?

On a seperate note, it winds me up to fcuk how many people put on locking wheel nuts tight. WHY!!!!!! No offense mate (it might not have been you), but it's such a school boy error. No need what so ever. Ok, rank over :) Hope you get it sorted matey

2008 Clio 1.2 TCE
I got the bolt out and there is a section of the bolt with no threads at all, so am i right in thinking that it rung the bolt and not the hub? i also tried puttin another bolt in but it wouldnt catch :(

Rang Renault £80 + vat for a new one :(

@jonny 1*2 it wasn't me, thae car was ettin painted and they had the hweels off, i think they must have used an air gun to put them on :(

Mini Cooper S
You can get thread cleaners. Bolts that have grooves in them. The grooves collect the debris. Just need to find out what thread size you need.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Used to rethread the hole, helicoil basicly slots in (looks like a spring)

Get the bolts out, replace them and get a helicoil into the hole that's goosed!

I had to get one done a while back - simple job and only a few quid if you get someone with a helicoil kit :)
Cost a fortune to buy the kit I think