ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Vibrations

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I got 2 new Pilot's put on the front tyres yersterday. OOn the way home from the garage I noticed that the wheels vibrated from 50mph+ .

Took the 182 back down to the garage this morning and they re-balanced the tyres and sent me on my way. I drove into earlier, it's a little bit better BUT the vibrations are really there, and are especially noticeable when you briefly let go of the wheel ...

I guess it's still something to do with the weights again - but just want to be sure?

Is there anything that I can do to make sure?

182+1.5DCI+S2000
mine tends to do this only in 5th gear on the motorway tho :S you only feel it via the wheel alittle bit tho, people in the car cant feel it but if they can then you need it checked out.

sorry for bad english :)

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
No problem about the bad English. You have better English than some of the UK based members on here. :)

Mine is pretty bad - It's like driving a bloody vibrator at the moment.

260% JCW
Got the same prob, had a look and the wheels have slight flat spots due to the shite roads. Not sure how to get this sorted without spending big bucks.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Ahh ok - I hope it's not the alloys, if it is they've broken them!

The cars going back tomorrow for them to check again but I'm reluctant to spend money if I don't need to!

Will see what happens I guess. How much am I looking at for a wheel balance?

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Mine had a pretty bad wobble, ended up needing two new track rod ends and a wheel alignment :p Set me back £47 :p