ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel width

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
This may be a stupid question but when buying alloys and the manufacturer lists the width as 7j is that the bead seat width or overall width?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
There won't be that much in it i'd imagine though, i mean, how thick is the lip of a rim on most wheels...

Might be best to double check with them.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
True. Just the tyre I need to use looks overtyred on a 7" rim so need to go a little bigger to sort

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Pirelli Trofeo R. Their sizing is pretty broad but most competitors are using 7" rims. I think we can get a bit more from the tyres though with a bit more width...
Pirelli themselves say the 7" is not really ideal but no-one runs wider rims (mainly as you have to go custom)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Just had a look at the Trofeo R and 205/45/17 rim spec is 6.5j min, 7j optimal and 7,5j max.

I'm guessing you're on a 17" wheel?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Screenshot_20180918-193523.png

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
15" rims :D I think its 205/50r15 off the top of my head. The other 225 width one we tested but its like a van tyre and needs an 9" rim I'd say

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Its not on their common sizing guide, but you can scroll down for smaller fitments

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I was looking at ultralite F1 alloys the other day. These come in 15 X 7.5J. and 6.5kg. but they are a copy, design wise and I'm not sure how strong they are.