ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheels for a 172cup

Clio 172 Cup
Im after a second set of cheep wheels for my cup Just to put winter tyres, I've found some multi fit alloys 15" 4x100 & 4x108 on eBay
Am I right in thinking these will fit?
Like I've said they are nothing special but will be ok for winter :)

Can't see any link to the wheels you have seen so I've no idea if they will fit or not. It is easy to find a wheel that physically fit on your car (have the right PCD and bore diameter etc) but beware of getting something with the wrong offset (ET) as it will alter the steering feel and handling, possibly not what you want.

Have you thought about getting second-hand steel wheels? I have megane 6 x 15 inch steels on. Cost me a tenner each. Lots of choice for 15 inch renault steels that will fit. mine are ET43 offset, your cup's wheels are ET38 but ET43 will work well too and still clear the brakes, which is an important consideration as I don't think all aftermarket 15 inch alloys will clear the brakes???

Clio 172 Cup
I never thought about the offset so thanks for that I will ask the guy with the wheels what the offset is :)

Clio 172 Cup
Good man! Prowdly displaying a choice to invest in winter rubber by having ghetto wheels! lol

Lol best thing about it is its a better ride and handles better. Don't have to have the wheel straight before I put my foot down and it doesn't dive across the road when I go over a bump.
Don't know what's wrong with the wheels I took off lol

Same thing for me. doubt there's anything wrong with your alloys/tyres though.

a) newer tyres have more tread
b) winter rubber is much softer compound
c) shape of the tyre in 195/50 R15 is higher profile and it's probably on a proportionatley narrower rim if you've got steels

All of the above contribute to calming the steering reactions down, the forces from the road are better damped/dulled which makes it ride smoother. probably. LOL