ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheels I wont buy !

Heres a pic of the wheels I cant bring myself to buy for fear of my ride & performance going out of the window. Its a 17" OZ SL rim on a stand up against the car. Oh dear my standard wheels look a bit puny.

I know I could have photoshopped them on but wanted to see them in the flesh. They certainly are light compared to other OZ 17" rims.

By the way this was 6 months ago and Im still pondering so chances of taking the plunge are slim.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1055795356__wheels.jpg

Go on it looks excellent.

Have something different which will lead to massive threads about whether or not ur car looks good or not.

The wheels make me think Clio cup.

EDD

Renault Laguna Coupe

Why are you worried about the performance going out of the window? Everyone gets 17"s - they cant all be wrong! Those SLs look great - go on - you know you want to!

clio 20v

hmm id go 16s ull not spoil the performance or handling that way but ull defo need lowering

15s jus look too small 16s jus right

is that pic at wheelbase btw

adi

Cheers for the opinions either way, would love to try them for a few weeks but unfortunately it doesnt work like that !:)

Yeah Adi it was at wheelbase.

17"s will blunt accelleration and give a harsher ride and less forgiving handling. Weigh up whether you want looks or performance. Personally Id stick with performance. Get 16" SLs instead if you can find any.

clio 20v

hehe thort it was wheelbase i always get rims from there

if u decide to buy dont forget to see if u can blag his price down a bit

adi

BMW 320d Sport

BLoody hell 17s will blunt performance my arse! :DOnly if you want to measure every 0-60 with an atomic clock and youve got something thats slow anyway! Dont be silly, just get the 17s, I can guarantee you that the 172 will shrug off any supposed performance hit like water off a ducks back. Anyway at least you can get bigger brakes once youre rolling on 17s.