ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheels Rubbing Query

Hi,

I used to own a silver Mk2 172 and put 17" OZ Titans on it(see pic)

now i think it looked pretty nice and read somewhere that they fit on without problems..well when i hit bumps they would rub and it made me nervous about driving the car hard just in case it damaged the tyre leading to a blow out at high speeds.

How can this be avoided..is it a simple case of making the suspension harder?

If performance overall is going to be lost then i would rather change the alloys on my new 182 for the same size but a nicer anthracite colour as i didnt opt for the cup pack as i didnt like the wheels and was going to replace them anyway..plus it handles very well anyway(just my opinion)

Any advice would be appreciated

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1084104589__CLIO1.jpg

Didnt get around to lowering the car before i sold it...it seems logical to me that that may have made the problem worse.

The wheels were ET37 and 7x17

This is future required info for the 182 that i have an want to upgrade the alloys on

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

not all the cars have the prob m8, my sport did, lowered 30mm with 17s i had rubbing, i had the arches rolled and the screws that r in the arches changed for rivets helped so as it only rubbed on full lock [nearside rear] funny how it only rubbed on one spot. i went back to 16s not long after anyway due to handling n performance, all down to personal preference tho m8.

Audi S3 225

get coilovers on your 182 and it wont rub, no idea why it rubbed with the standard 172 ride hieght and 17s, is this when there was more than 1 in the car?

Depended on the road surface..it was more often when i had people in the car and maybe stuff in the boot.

still did it when i was on my own though..maybe i should go on a diet!

:oops: