ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheels Rubbing

I have noticed that the front wheels of my 182 are rubbing on the inside of the wheel arch, anyone else have this problem?

i had this prob and lost the lining of the arch, went back to reno and they sorted it

do you have the cup suspension?? i do and just want to see if it happens with std susp as well

Renault Laguna Coupe

Presumably the arch lining is falling out - moving towards the wheel. Theres no way standard wheels would rub.

No, its not rubbing on the arch liner, it is rubbing on the metal behind the wheel, so when on full lock it rubbing on the back. You cant here it rubbing you can see the rubbing marks on the metal.

No i dont have the cup suspension. The car is completely standard.

Hi RS182,

Glad to see you started this issue.

Wheels rubbing on Cliosport is an old issue. I can remember myself driving from the garage, say 2 yrs ago with my ex-RS Mk I and brand new Semperit rubber (having the proper dimensions for RS Mk I) and whenever the car position was inclined to some extent, a loud rubbing noise was heard.

I pulled over, saw nothing wrong and drove back home.
Next day I went to the nearest Reno garage for a check. And we found the reason for that rubbing: It was a plastic arching above both wheels. The clearance between the wheel and that plastic was barely 1 cm. So the wheel had to rub.

We sorted the problem out by readjusting both plastic arches.

I believe that new 182 suffers from the same bad design.