ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheels, spacers and lowering springs, just need some advice. :)

Greetings!:coffee:

Basically, got myself some ph2 172 16" alloys, fitted them, pefect... Until I was changing my rear bumper, I noticed on the rear archliners that the wheels had been rubbing against them.. (My brother borrowed my car twice and probs covered about 160-180 miles after i fitted the wheels, so that's maybe, probably when it happened as I don't drive.. Yet haha.)
Anyways, on to spacers, would they prevent the rubbing? If so what 'mm' spacers would you recommend? (I've been looking at 10/20mm, thought I'd come to you guys first.)
Also bare in mind I am buying myself some Eibach Sportlines this week which will lower me approx 50mm!

I hope some of you can help, as I'm kind of clueless on this stuff, and I'm sure some of you have had your experiences with this in some sort of way.

Thanks a bunch!:D

clio 1.2 16v
Is it a non sport you've got? sounds like your in a similar situation to me, although i've not changed the bumper and they're already rubbing!

Yeah mate ph2 1.2! This was on my non sport archliners, i got sport ones now so maybe they wont rub.. I'm not sure but still would like to find out the above! Hopefully someone can guide us somewhere!

clio 1.2 16v
yeah same ph2 1.2 :) that bolt that holds the liners in is a bugger to get out! cant take them out, got some 60mm springs wanting to go on but scared of it rubbing too bad when i put them on!

Opps! Ignore post above! Yeah one of my main bolts that hold the archliner snapped off due to just being rust instead of thread haha, so it's only being held by the arch screws! sucks! What wheels have you got mate? (size also)

clio 1.2 16v
16" 172 alloys mate, just taken both the back liners out and think that's sorted it :)

Was the bumper hard to fit? Really wanting one when I can get my hands on a black/gold one!

16" 172 alloys mate, just taken both the back liners out and think that's sorted it :)

Was the bumper hard to fit? Really wanting one when I can get my hands on a black/gold one!
sweet! Need your archliners though mate don't you? in order to hold your bumper in! and no it wasn't too bad, got the sport archliners with the bumper, took me about 30-40 mins! It's monaco 172 bumper, getting sprayed pearl black!

clio 1.2 16v
Okay mate, sounds decent can't wait to get one now :) is pearl black and black/gold different colours?

Not sure about the liners, didn't looks anything too important, couldn't get the screws out so took a hacksaw to it

clio 1.2 16v
Oh is it! Sure mine says 676 or whatever the code is, or is it that same?

Just checked and they tyres are still too close! Going have to get spacers! Back to 15" dynamiques for the meantime :(

Oh is it! Sure mine says 676 or whatever the code is, or is it that same?

Just checked and they tyres are still too close! Going have to get spacers! Back to 15" dynamiques for the meantime :(

676 is pearl black mate :) and daamnn, i think all i need is spacers tbh! can't see it creating anymore problems and what not! Plus my wheels wont touch my arches so I think i'll be fine. 10mm All round it is then by the looks of it!

clio 1.2 16v
yeah that looks dead reyt, are those wheel bolts supplied 5mm longer than standard i take it then? might join you on them spacers! going to have a measure as its not catching but just for peace of mind i think, especially for when its lowered.

just looked at your project thread, you 17 yet?

clio 1.2 16v
ahh its a right b*tch waiting for it isn't it! I've not long since turned 17, just insured provisionally atm. get a mate to learn you clutch control if you haven't already :) saves hassle on the basics .

ahh its a right b*tch waiting for it isn't it! I've not long since turned 17, just insured provisionally atm. get a mate to learn you clutch control if you haven't already :) saves hassle on the basics .
yep! killing me haha! and aah i see, i've just been quoting.. not looking too good haha! 4k a year? nah, so i need to search thouroughly! and aah I'm not too bad at that now! I'd say I'm almost there! :)

clio 1.2 16v
yep! killing me haha! and aah i see, i've just been quoting.. not looking too good haha! 4k a year? nah, so i need to search thouroughly! and aah I'm not too bad at that now! I'd say I'm almost there! :)

Decent mate, and I'm on my dads insurance named driver and it's about £1600 :)