ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When 2 clios become one

Cheap second hand megasquirt could be an option? Getting boost and carbs to play ball can be a pain, though could maybe use a 5GTT carb as that's boost ready.

SQ5
The map sensor it runs will only be a 1 bar one for a start so will only measure negative pressure.

You'll need at least a 2 bar map sensor and that will need mapping done to scale for 2 bar of pressure.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
just bolted on i guess mapping would be the way to go but on a 1.2 it doesnt seem worth it. i might go down the carb route though try getting the engine to run as basic so i can and manually control the fuel. it will be interesting anyway

As already mentioned, just put it on cheap aftermarket engine management.

Microsquirt for 300 quid all in, and away you go.

Buy from trigger wheels

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
cheers for the help guys i'll have a few things to try now and hopefully get it sorted. i'll keep this updated on how its going

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Oh shush. GTT carb, fuel pressure regulator, supercharger, job done as I have everything else I need to boost and setup the pinto.
Just buy a microsquirt for under 300 quid and not only do you get total control over the fuelling in all situations (so far better blend of power and economy than you will ever manage with a carb) but it also gives you control of the spark as well.

I have control over the spark already. Going fuel injection alone, forgetting boost would involve:

microsquirt
efi inlet manifold
Fuel rail
injectors
low pressure fuel pump
Swirl pot
high pressure pump.
Return fuel line
plus more I have probably missed

For that I might as well change to a duratec.

Where as the GTT carb is a straight fit to a manifold I have, the fpr I need is about £50, make a couple of brackets, bolt on the supercharger and some new pipe wrote and a new belt and boosted build almost completely done for far less then going efi and not supercharging.

Dont mistake what I am saying, efi is great and far better than carbs, but this is fun and will be used for less miles in a year than I do in the scooby in a month.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Fair enough, if you aren't using it much then I can understand not wanting to bother doing it properly as it matters less.

Tom, all the reasons I am arguing for using a carb are the same reasons you should stay with efi, so much effort and cost to convert from one to the other, it would be cheaper in the long run for you to buy a microsquirt.

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
Did a few things while waiting for bits to arrive in the post (which they didnt :mad:) fitted a voltmeter so i can check if the alternator is still working now that the supercharger runs off the same belt. its a small digital one that fits exactly in the central locking switch hole as if it was made for it
IMG_0274_zps5601da21.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

i wired it up to a switch on the steering column so i could turn it on and off whenever
IMG_0282_zps6f5eb42c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

its actually a guitar pickup selector switch up is off middle is on and down is on
(would also like to add here that it was only until i saw this picture i realized how disgusting the indicator stalk was)
and this is it turned on
IMG_0276_zps667c1985.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

i quite like it. its a nice little feature

i also wired up an oil pressure gauge that ive had for months
IMG_0277_zps3d09e5e4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

i have a feeling its not reading properly because of this
IMG_0278_zps2b86fd7a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

its reading off the scale im putting this down to a faulty oil pressure sender unless its completely normal to run over 100 psi of oil pressure
theres always something wrong :dapprove:
stuff arriving soon though and hopefully some good videos

finally heres an instagramed picture of the clio because why not
IMG_0178_zpsc2f6beca.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]