ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When 2 clios become one

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
sorry i haven't updated this recently i have been working and away but im back and should hopefully be doing a few things tomorrow but i do have some pictures i took when i was starting to put bits back on the car and also the steels enjoy :p

size3_zps52325171.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

size2_zpse4476605.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

size1_zps20100d81.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

will be doing a bit more work to it these next days and hopefully it should be running and stopping then i can take it for a pre MOT check before carrying on with anymore mods.

Also decided on getting it resprayed i was thinking the original red ( what colour is it, Naples red?), white, a darkish purple or maybe a dark green ? any ideas
thanks more soon :cool:

lookin good man!

Personally id go white, but im a sucker forr white cars aha xD

The red suits these to the ground though!

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
ok so ive now got the clio moving and stopping with the handbrake until i make my new brake line, so i have taken the clio over to the garage with the evenings getting darker its getting too dark in the barn and it has no lights, so i will be working on it in here for a while.
resizedc1_zps9896d5d4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

also put the black bonnet on for a while i might stick with it but im unsure

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
Now exciting stuff! my big parcel arrived today :D

resizedc3_zpsf8d6a525.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Its my valver bumper that i got from clio stu on here :D cheers stu if you read this

resizedc6_zps0a7d6812.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

this is it fitted and i have to say ive fallen in love with the new look

resizedc5_zps51db2c7f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

im not sure if the wings may be a bit to small for the bumper but im yet to properly fix it on. also it wont be staying black it will be repainted along with the rest of the car when the time comes but i have to say im chuffed :clap:

anyway more soon guys

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
just a quick question does anyone know if it is easy to swap the 52mm hubs for 58mm hubs or is this not possible thanks :)

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
ok so ive been doing a bit of touching up on the clio i was interested in replacing the headlining so i got myself 4m of this fabric as i plan on using it for a few other things

DSCF1093_zps73be56e6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

i think its not too striking which is what i was going for

here is the headliner before
DSCF1092_zpsb7b85887.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

and after a lot of spray glue and borrowing mums clothes iron this is the end result

DSCF1094_zps0ca1db10.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

its not the best i'll admit but im happy enough with it. my main goal was to get all the lines on the tartan straight because it ends up looking naff if they are wavy
but i think it turned out alright

this is it once put back in

DSCF1097_zps46883202.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

it does look nicer when all the edges are hidden behind the trim.

i also finally got round to making up a new front brake pipe out of the rear brake line from the old shell so now all thats left is to bleed through new fluid and it should all be pretty much running how i want.
next on the list of things to do
Homemade Doorcards
New seats
Re-install carpet
Get some better front suspension coilovers if i can find any
Bodywork prep for re-painting
New numberplates
fit some gauges have a few ideas for some
Re-seal the sunroof

thats all for just now but there will be more :approve:

cheers guys

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
I have decided on the colour to respray it ,im going for Naples red as i think the car is already in that and i think its one of the best colours for mk1's but whether i stick with that colour im not sure i could change my mind but anyway heres another pic of the front that i forgot

DSCF1096_zps0baa9801.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
Ive just noticed a ghostly figure in the drivers seat in the picture above haha :S slightly scared now

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
Got all the brakes working now and took it out for a first proper drive!!! :clap:
heres a vid of it

also got some snaps of it while the sun was out

DSCF1114_zps9b2168f4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCF1115_zps6e381713.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCF1117_zps73907601.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCF1124_zps870282b5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

its looking a bit rough at the moment and could do with a clean but it will be resprayed soon so its no worry. anyway im chuffed its all working now :D now the long process of making it look reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
heres a few pics of my two money pits:p
DSCF1120_zps0635ec60.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCF1121_zps39840194.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCF1122_zpsf30beba0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCF1123_zpsa5d5b083.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
This looks exactly like my drive way too. ZS TDCI and clios. Nice one.
Seen this get along nicely. Clio colour is easy to spot. On the ID plate on the top of the headlight area has the colour. Middle number should be like 449 or 447 etc. Thats your paint code.

Nicely going along this project too.

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
This looks exactly like my drive way too. ZS TDCI and clios. Nice one.
Seen this get along nicely. Clio colour is easy to spot. On the ID plate on the top of the headlight area has the colour. Middle number should be like 449 or 447 etc. Thats your paint code.

Nicely going along this project too.

Cheers mate i will have a look tomorrow. i really think it would look good just freshened up in the original red.
thanks for having a read too :)

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
Ok so ive been away from this thread for a bit, sorry about that but ive had my ups and downs with the clio. Ive been trying to get it ready for an MOT but things keep going wrong. firstly after getting everything running and working the windscreen washer decided to give up and not work so ive just had to bypass it and it is now activated from a blank switch beside the wiper stalk not ideal but it does the job. also the cat box managed to snap off on one of the joints and to make it worse the rest of it has been welded onto the downpipe, and to make it EVEN worse the downpipe is stuck on the manifold with 2 rounded off nuts. so ive cut the cat box off and welded and clamped up another one out of the old clio so finally i think its ready for its MOT thank god!

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
i have also fitted my lowering springs to the front to make the whole car sit better here are the before and after sorry for the quality
IMG_0011_zps1e7c6fe5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Before

IMG_0012_zpsaf7e1c25.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
After

will get a better picture of the whole car when i take it out of the garage. i will be using the clio as my daily car for a bit as the turbo has blown up on my fiesta :( sad times but pretty excited about using this little beast for a few weeks :D

more soon promise this time

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
well after the clio going in for its MOT it passed!! :D soo chuffed also im using it as my daily car as the fiesta has a blown turbo so its just like the old days haha
IMG_0038_zps61d6c4b9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

i have just installed a sub and speakers so i will upload pictures of that soon. i also have some fog lights arriving to tidy up the holes in the front and then i can finally start thinking about respraying the car. ive put it off so long just incase it didnt get through the MOT but by 2014 im hoping to have it prepped and ready for whatever crazy colour i can think of :rasp:

Clio
Had many Clios over the years but your 1st one is always the best. Mine was a blue mk1 1.4 fidji ace car!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
looking better with the lowering springs on, looked broken before with the back being lowered already! lol.

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
Looks great! sits well on the wheels :)

What colours did you have in mind?

cheers it really does sit nicer and im thinking something completely random that no one has ever done maybe the new Clio alien green ? or clio inferno orange just something weird haha

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
I'm not sure why, but I absolutely love this!

Great work. That barn is awesome. Why didn't you crane the engine in, instead of lifting the car?

Thanks its definitely an acquired taste :approve:
and the reason for not craning the engine in is simply i didnt have a crane haha also i was going to swap over suspension and brakes anyway so i thought why not do it all at once.looking back now though the crane option would of been alot easier

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
so it was a pretty wet day today so i did a few tidying up bits to the clio firstly i put this sticker i had lying around on i thought it was appropriate to the car haha
DSCF1184_zps2f2266ba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

then it started tipping it down so i took it into the garage and set up my sound system. its quite a budget install made up of all different bits i had lying around and some home made speaker boxes :p
DSCF1187_zps54f46eb8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

thats a 15" sub with a mutant amp also running the speakers on the parcel shelf. very basic set up but it works ( better than the 1 speaker i have in the front)

DSCF1185_zps4a28bdc0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

the stereo is one that came with the car unfortunately its just a cd player so i will need a stack of cds to carry around with me. but it does the job :)

i also found some hose covers i had lying around and tidied up the engine a bit
DSCF1188_zpsf2f7f0f4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

finally i took it out for a little drive and got a few pics. im not a great photographer but im pretty chuffed with the ones that came out :approve:

DSCF1192_zps5cdb5726.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCF1189_zpsf2d81a32.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCF1191_zpsd5a9c87b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCF1193_zpsafe9f77e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

not too shabby haha more soon

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
Ive abandoned this thread for a while now, i had a few months of not being interested in doing anything with the Clio but ive decided to carry it on after having big plans for it. i was casually looking through Ebay as you do and came across a supercharger for sale an Aisin amr 500 ive seen a few of these before mostly on classic vw beetles and 1.0 cars it was previously on a suzuki alto 1.0. so this got me thinking...

So i bought it haha
IMG_0158_zpsf5d00c35.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

its bigger than i thought it would be

_121_zps30883803.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
_122_zpsd0d478b9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
_123_zpsfc9d2cb9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Putting in a 1.8 16v engine is just boring everyone does it, i felt like doing something different so this is going to be a supercharged 1.2 :) no idea how what it will be like but im always up for a challenge. im guessing it will be a bit like a vw polo g40 almost same sized engine and supercharged.

so anyway yesterday i had a go at trial fitting it to the spare engine that came out the old car
IMG_0166_zps302e66c2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

yes the brackets holding it on are made up of 2 subframe to body links. perfect size :D although the one you can see in this picture is bolted underneath the engine mount so i think i will move it to on top. the bottom bracket is made of one of these
IMG_0162_zps7fead0c3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

great stuff to make brackets out of 1. they are galvanized so no rust and 2. there are holes already in them just had to make them a bit bigger.
im going to run a bigger belt so it goes round the alternator and supercharger it measured 1020mm round all the pulleys with the alternator pulled out so ive ordered a 1003mm belt which sould be just right with plenty of room for tension.

this is what ive come up with yesterday
IMG_0167_zps9b57bde8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

excuse the mess it will be tided at some point.
For now i wont be running an intercooler just so i can test it works but i will need one in the future. fueling will be a bit of trial and error with this im thinking bigger injectors might be the way forward if that fails i might possibly convert the engine to run on carbs, not sure how hard this would be but if i can get it to run on injectors that would be best.
thats all for now until the belt arrives.
also this year i will be respraying the car thinking green at the moment and i have 2 recaro rs turbo seats to install.
ones like these
recaros002_zps808d12e9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

will need completely custom subframes though because they dont fit at all haha :p

thats all for now more soon

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
The longer alternator belt arrived so i started on fitting the supercharger to the Clio. straightaway i found out that the belt rubbed against the cambelt cover on the side of the engine :( not good the only way to get past this problem was to remove it, i will need to make a new one at some point. but it all tensioned up fine so went ahead mounting the supercharger which wasnt as easy as the test engine i did it on, with it in the engine bay the intake side of the charger wouldnt fit past the radiator so it had to come off for now and i will need to re route it somewhere else or move the rad more to the right of the car. another problem is it sits way too high in the engine bay so the bonnet cant close some kind of custom bonnet with a hump in it will need to be made but apart from all that i got it fitted and all boost pipes fitted and plumbed in a dump valve and here is a video of its first start :D

and some pictures of the fitting
IMG_0173_zps4906f78b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCF1285_zpsb6569247.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCF1287_zps140c2e42.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCF1288_zps744f6a2f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCF1289_zps38d0a5a0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

i need to set up a proper air intake before i can test drive it but when i do i will get a video of it driving. should be interesting

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Hang on hang on, I don't remember the supercharger being part of the plan! Could be awesome, but at the moment it sounds like an air raid siren lol.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Loving the Home Brew attitude, a charged 1.2 should be interesting if it all works as it should, it certainly sounds interesting!
Chip-mk1

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
Hang on hang on, I don't remember the supercharger being part of the plan! Could be awesome, but at the moment it sounds like an air raid siren lol.

it was a bit of a random idea just thought it hasn't been done yet , lets have a go haha . certainly is quite loud got a bit of a fright starting it up for the first time

172 Cup
This is incredible! Hats off to you for being so pro-active, hope you get some ideas on what to do with fuelling I wanna see this on some rollers!

I hope the sound isn't the Charger needing a refurb though!

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
cheers guys for the comments :) im thinking its so loud because there is nothing on the intake side of the charger just an open hole and that its in a small garage i hope once its set up right and outside it shouldnt be so loud.

Is that technically a twin screw charger? Will the engine have enough torque to even turn it?!

its a mini root supercharger this website has the specs of it http://superchargersunlimited.com/specs.html it can be turned by hand so the engine can move it easily

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
took the clio out for a test drive with the supercharger got a few videos. i found out it fuel starves at high revs so i will need to sort the fueling out. im getting some megane 1.6 8v injectors and trying them out to see if it helps so should fit them and have another test drive then.

and finally a picture of the dump valve just because i like the look of it
DSCF1291_zpsed003d11.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
Have you adjusted the mapping at all or just bolted on the supercharger??

just bolted on i guess mapping would be the way to go but on a 1.2 it doesnt seem worth it. i might go down the carb route though try getting the engine to run as basic so i can and manually control the fuel. it will be interesting anyway