ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

when is everyone putting their winter wheels on?

steveV6 said:
I love my car, not more than my wife or girls, but I still love it. Its a peice of metal / plastic I know, but so is an Aston etc etc.. its what it means to me. If I want to rap it up for the winter months thats my business, its not harming you, can't see your problem really!?!?!?!

But what about those gorgeous dry crisp winter days when you can blast along!?!?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
i want alloys to put on before winter to give me some mroe grip than me steelies, am delivery driver an alot of the roads r country lanes so christ i am scared i only started in summer so not experienced ice drivin atall as passed test few mnths bak, shud be fun, no ABS an sliding around.

spiezels said:
i want alloys to put on before winter to give me some mroe grip than me steelies, am delivery driver an alot of the roads r country lanes so christ i am scared i only started in summer so not experienced ice drivin atall as passed test few mnths bak, shud be fun, no ABS an sliding around.
Big fat low profile wheels/tyres are the worst you can have in snow and ice! Thin wheels are what you want!

Similarly engine brake rather than foot brake and if just think about what you're doing and then when you find a big empty frozen car park tug on the fun bar and enjoy the ride!!! :D