ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When parking in car parks do you...

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 02 February 2003

I usually try to park next to a nice car that looks like its owner takes care of it. If only there were more of them about!
How do you know the nice car will stay there.

I parked next to a Merc, but the merc had gone when I come back to my car.

and this sh*tty car took the space and put 2 dent on my car. fecking p*ss me off!!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by myky16 on 02 February 2003

he he my car went in the garage this week and i made the garage owner inspect my car for dents, scratches and to agree the wheels were un-marked. so if i came back and there was anythin wrong with it he would have responsibility:devilish: is this 2 over the top?
Myky, definitely NOT over the top! This is precisely what you should do, because if on arriving home you notice some marks or a dent which wasnt there earlier, then you try telling the garage that they must have done the damage, they will most probably tell you that it must have already been like it when it came into the garage.

If you show them that there are no marks on your car and wheels when you take your car in, they will realise that you take great care of it and that you expect them to do the same.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

My Cup 1s 8 weeks old and in the repair centre on friday for 2 dents in one door, 1 dent in the other and a towhook scape in the rear bumper. "b******s". One of the dents was done while it was at the dealer for warantee work, but try and prove it !

Ive had a couple of door knocks and some cow knocked my bumper, lifting my car up in the process, with me 10 yds from the car!

I have now perfected the art of taking up three spaces in my local tescos. I often get people shouting over "Great parking mate!". I can cope with insults or being thought of as selfish as long as some tw*t in his brown sierra or a bird in her X5 stays away from my little car!!

I am very conscious about where I park my car and I park it in a multi-storey car park when I am working. But, my ex-girlfriend (who I am very good friends with) always parks next to me and we park the cars so close to each other that there is miles of space either side to stop people opening their doors onto mine. Seems to have worked so far *touches wood*.

I park next to BMWs, porsches, clios and other nice cars.. that way i know they wont want to bang their doors either and be respectful!.

I park in multi story carpark for work, and get next to any wall i can. I always end up with a dark blue 1.8i 16v Clio phase1 parked next to me when i get back to me car after work.

I used to note number plates of cars around me when i parked. but ive gathered faith in people recently tho! and noones hit any of my cars ive owned while parking there. so no need at the mo!

best parking sequence ive had since having the clio is mine, blue 1.8 16v and willy3, all of us parked side by side..

I will take 2 spaces when there are plenty, but Ill NEVER take a disabled space. Anyway, what I hate is when you park correctly (for example at the end of a row) and you park so far over that the passenger side is very close to the wall (not a chance of opening the door) so that you give loads of room for the person next you to to open their door fully without touching your car, only to find when you get back, they have parked over the white line into your space just because they are crap!!

Just face it - parking your car in a car park you will get someone who doesnt have respect for your pride and joy parking next to you - no matter what you do. People are like sheep, you park on your own - someone will have to be next to you.

But, given that, I still park far away, but Ill never circle a car park to find the best space, I dont mind the walk.

I always park as far away from the other cars as poss, my son complains like crazy when I make him walk all the way across the car park in the rain/wind/cold, I just tell him Itll come out of his pocket money if he makes me park closer and the car gets marked and I have to pay to get it fixed!!!! Always makes him agree!!!! :devilish:

kids today huh, i remember in the war we had to walk fifty miles in the snow to school. :eek:I think im turning in to my teacher :eek:

350z & 16v Maxi

I used to always park quite far away when i went to my work and for a couple of weeks no one parked next to me but them two cars started parking on either side of me, think they realised why i did it and new i wouldnt hit theirs. I sometimes park in two spaces but not to often. However once i get my car back i will nearly always park in two spaces as far away from every other car as possible as i have no bump strips or anything. If i ever have to park next to some one i will make sure my door is next to theirs as my door can just get resprayed but i have no joins in my car from front wing to side skirts to rear wing to roof so a dent anywhere in that would need to a full respray. Most of my car is not metal anymore so i cant got to a dent master place or anything. It is a shame that people noweverdays dont respect other peoples positions cause if they did none of us would be in this position. I dont think i am being selfish parking in 2 spaces it is the selfish people who bang doors that are to blame!!!!!!

Tricky, I gotta admit it - Ive parked my Mini (original not compact BMW) in the trolley bay before now, although only once or twice - honest ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Colin_S on 03 February 2003

It is a shame that people noweverdays dont respect other peoples positions cause if they did none of us would be in this position.

Thats not entirely fair, even the people complaining about having their car dented must have lost their door because of the wind in the car park, its happened to me on more than one occasion. I always check for damage and thankfully Ive never left a mark (although its the plastic trim on my Carlton which hits first, not paintwork-to-paintwork).

One thing I will say though is, if youre gonna take up two spaces do it in style. I have, on occasion, had to leave my MK1 GTE in a multi-storey and I simply park the b*****d diagonally. If you park parallel in two spaces you look as though you just cant park. If its diagonally they know you mean it LOLOLOL

I always use the kids spaces, may seem greedy now but one day ill use them for real so i may as well get in the practise !

i was in southend last sat night and the stupid bird next to me hit the door wiv her f*cking saxo while we were in it, got straight out 2 have a look, but it was fine.

its got a nice dent tho where some other pr*ck hit it W*nkers.

Its not greedy, theyre for fat women with highlighted hair and fake tans driving X5s, whats it matter if you take them up?