ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When someone opens a door into your car, whilst sitting in it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
What do you do?

I've just been to McDonalds, and whilst i was sat munching a delicious McChicken sandwich, this old codger pulls up next to me.
He then reverses and pulls abit closer.
Our lass said to me "No door left for you then.."
And with that, the absolute moron opens his door into my passenger side; chipping paint off the bump strip.
He looked into my car with his mahooosive jam jar glasses and then proceeds to try and get out the car again, and again the idiot smacks my door.
And just to take the piss, he more or less falls out the third time, mutters something and then strolls into Maccies like he's just won a free meal.

Now, if you were in my position, what would you do?
Bearing in mind, he was about 75, and looked pissed.
If he was younger, i'd have probably got out and given him some shoe pie, but i thought i'd give him a heart attack if i said something.
What a clayton! :mad:

I was waiting for him to come out so i could say something, but i had to be back. ¬¬

Last edited:
I'd of took his details and get him to give you money or threaten insurance job, the amount of tossers on the road who just don't give a crapp annoys the hell out of me. 75 or 25, it's no excuse!
May seem a little over the top, but meh if people respected property you'd never have a problem!

Now of course you'll get the same bunch coming in "omg its only a clio", but it's your car at the end of the day!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So you let someone smack into your car and just sat there??

I would have got out, explained that he's just damaged my car and either he pays up or gives me his insurance details. McD's will probably have carpark cctv aswell.

Why just sit there and do nothing? :S

Lotus Elise
Get out, make him aware of the issue and come up with a grown up solution. Or poor my milkshake all over his car.

Ph1 Non Sport
Think of it the other way round, I bet he would of confronted you if you had done it to his, so age is irrelevant IMO.

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
You b**ched out, admit it
I wrote this post didn't i? I was only asking what anyone else would have done?
old enough to be driving old enough to pay out for a claim, simple as.
Yeah, fair play. Just seemed a rate hassle for chipping a bit of bump strip.
Think of it the other way round, I bet he would of confronted you if you had done it to his, so age is irrelevant IMO.
I know. The idiot. Fair enough. I've done the wrong thing there then.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
should of said something, had a full blown argument with an old man in Morison for this.
i hate parking my car in car parks. everyday i walk the extra 5 minutes so i can park on a road instead of in a car park, previous car i had got battered after parking it in a car park every day for a year

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
should of said something, had a full blown argument with an old man in Morison for this.
i hate parking my car in car parks. everyday i walk the extra 5 minutes so i can park on a road instead of in a car park, previous car i had got battered after parking it in a car park every day for a year
Wish i'd have parked over the road now. But it was pissing it down. What makes me laugh is that i work at Tesco, and not once had my car got a scrape or a scratch, and i park here and boom.

n2x

e60/f10
As a matter of fact, the same thing happened to me a year or so back. I got out as he was walking towards the entrance of the supermarket, asked for him to come back. He didnt care. Yelled HEY YOU, he turned around, walked next to me as i was pointing at the spot where he damaged my door. As i stood up, he grabbed me by my coat and threatened to punch me in the face. Then i pussied out, walked away and carried on with my life :(

I hate these situations because i was just so surprised of him attacking me, i forgot for a second that i was right and he damaged MY car, not the other way around. Wish i could turn back time to act like a man, not a pussy :/

Hope you know your GF is now going to dump you after a 75 year old made you look like a little b**ch.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Even if nothign came of it, you should have said something.

But I understand your reluctance to say anything, even though it was his fault, he could be on a tiny pension and just about affords to keep the car/independance. I know my Grandad would be pretty depressed without his car..

Vectra
You didnt say a word?

If was me ad of least approached the guy and take it from there....

Last edited:

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Some of the stories on here are beyond belief. You let somebody bash your door twice and walk off, and you didn't say a word?

I'd have smashed his head open with his door. Bullet Tooth Tony style.

See how he likes the taste of them apples.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
My car is full of them from work :( Nothing I can do apart from take up two spaces but that's just faggetry.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I'd have smashed his head open with his door. Bullet Tooth Tony style.

See how he likes the taste of them apples.
Cool, killing a pensioner seems like an appropriate response.

A guy called Adolf once dropped his rye bread butter-side-down on the floor, he was also known to over react.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
at the very least u should of waited till he was out of view then used your handbag to dent his door.

Astra H vxr
i was sat in my old car once and some one walked past with a shopping trolley and scratched and broke my wing mirror, i got out and confronted him, he said sorry hes heads in another world atm :S, but he gave me 50quid and left, so didnt really mind as he said sorry and gave something, but if it was the other way aroung guranteed he would off said some though mate to ya, specially being a oldie he proberly would of called the police!

Vectra
at the very least u should of waited till he was out of view then used your handbag to dent his door.

Ive done a better one than that....Ive waited till the owner was outta site then key'd the c**t! sounds harsh I know but when you've worked hard and made it your pride and joy! then some f**k goes and bumps my door big NO NO for me a daint care how old the owner is...if I dont key the f**k I tell the owner to watch where ya f**king going or a do both!

Ive done a better one than that....Ive waited till the owner was outta site then key'd the c**t! sounds harsh I know but when you've worked hard and made it your pride and joy! then some f**k goes and bumps my door big NO NO for me a daint care how old the owner is...if I dont key the f**k I tell the owner to watch where ya f**king going or a do both!
Calm down angry man.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
After the first hit...

A. I get out... walk round, spot the damage...

B. Tap on his window and ask him to explain his actions...

Then decide on the next course of action after his reply. If he's ready to cough up £75 for the inpending repair - all good...

...if not i'd of politely reminded him that OAP's die quickly in the cold with smashed windows and Flat tyres - 75 or 25, he'd get some hassle. He clearly didn't give a flying f*** about others property - so balls to him!

Vectra
Calm down angry man.

I'am not an angry person haha...Its just my car is my pride and joy (a wont bore you with the details) so a daint let no one take the p*ss by bumping my door and getting away with it...they get a strong lecture or a Key the car.....simple as that

clio 172
this happened to me! its not hard u tell him he either pays cash or u will tell his insurance! simple

It's nice
I'am not an angry person haha...Its just my car is my pride and joy (a wont bore you with the details) so a daint let no one take the p*ss by bumping my door and getting away with it...they get a strong lecture or a Key the car.....simple as that

^i thought i heard it all on here,until now.......

Status
Not open for further replies.