ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When to sell my car

Going to Australia and visiting other parts of the world on the way in February and then the plan is to emmigrate towards the end of next year or start of 2006 if we like what we see so the car is going to have to go.

When should I sell it ? Obviously I want to get the best price I can so the timing of the sale could mean more money. I was thinking of selling it before going in February but I dunno if that is wise ? The money could come in very handy for funding the travelling. If we came back and decided to stay in the UK then I would get an S2000 I think so the car would be going either way.

What do you think ?

PS Anybody want a mint Monaco Bue 172 ?

;)

if you sell it just before you emmigrate then that will be roughly around the same time the new RS clio will be out i think!

i think go on your travels and then when you get back and decide what your going to do, sell it then! if your going to emmigrate sell it then, if your going stay sell it and get the s200!

That is what I had in my mind was the new Clio so it has to go before then.

I was swaying towards what you said to be honest. Cheers mate.

How much should it be worth next year do you think ? Anyone ? Should have around 22000-25000 miles on the clock by then, 02 plate.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

tbh, I think sooner the better.

reason why......

becuase 182s will start hitting the 2nd hand market properly in the next 6months, and if they sell at the same price as 172s today, then 172s will have to be lower.

hope that makes sense.