ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where do i stand

Basically on the way home from the gym last night, my backbox fell off the car.

It seems to have rusted right through the pipe, just before the back box.

The car is about 3 and a half years old. Its a CUP. Surely i shouldnt have to pay out for this. Any other brand of car wouldnt have an exhaust fall off after this short amount of time.

The car isnt under warranty anymore, so i cant get it done on that.

Is it worth ringing renault UK?

106 GTi
As its out of warrenty I dont think you will have much luck. Most fail well before that! I read on here that the exhausts are only coverd for a year under warrenty not sure if that is true though.

Good excuse to go stainless.

I planned on going stainless with it anyway, i just thought if i could get a standard system back on there until i can afford stainless, i would.

If not, i'll just have to drive about with a very loud car for a short while, lol.

cock mobile.
I think the exhaust is only in warranty for the first year anyway.

It's a wearable part.

sh33n said:
I think the exhaust is only in warranty for the first year anyway.

It's a wearable part.

yeah i suppose it is, but you wouldnt buy any other make of car and expect the exhaust to have rusted off in three years would you.

Renaultsport 220T
Mild steel rusts! That's why they call it a consumable part.

Three years for any m/s exhaust is pretty good. IMO

Go stainless, that will out last the length of the car.

Elise/VX220/R26
I think they wont touch the zorst after even 1 year, good exscuse to get a proper stainless aftermarket one though! Just be glad you aint got a 225, a backbox for one is £1500! (but its a stainless system so hopefully wont rust (yeah right!)

Ad

MK2 FRS
exhaust is covered into second year as I had several bit replace late in the second year and well over 30k on clock

Cupra
Mine has just come back from the dealers to have a new backbox fitted under warranty. They put it up on the ramp and then arsed about for an hour an a half before telling me that they had to order a middle section too. The whole thing has desintigrated. I wondered why it was sounding more "sporty". :)

I am just happy that I dont have to pay for it!

David_Snaresbrook said:
I dont think i could do that, as the girl that works their is cute.

She must be new then assuming you go to Reliance!!

I'm not sure if my mk1 172 exhaust would be any good to you mate? I've bought a s/steel system for it but haven't got round to having it fitted just yet though.

Or I could sell you the s/s system i bought if you're after something cheap and need it quickly

ShaunR16v said:
She must be new then assuming you go to Reliance!!

I'm not sure if my mk1 172 exhaust would be any good to you mate? I've bought a s/steel system for it but haven't got round to having it fitted just yet though.

Or I could sell you the s/s system i bought if you're after something cheap and need it quickly

If by reliance, you mean holden in Norwich, down heigham street, then i think she has been there quite a while. As she seemed to know everything about all the tech's and who was having babies and all sorts of s**t. lol

I'm picking up a magnex saturday, but its in essex, so it looks like i'll need to just drive the car down there and back with the exhaust off, and just turn the stereo up loud to cover the noise a little, lol.

Oh yeah, Holden as its now known! Maybe she's been out the back training for a while then, seems unusual for anyone down there to know their arse from their elbow, but most of the women seem to know all the gossip (but then dont they all anyway!)

Good luck with the exhuast then, turning the stereo up sounds like a good plan lol

Oh, dont get me wrong, i dont think she knew much about the cars or what she was selling etc. I was just saying, she was quite cute, so i couldnt hit her with a big stick.

I'd happily smash her through the headboard though, lol.

Its going to be nice to get the magnex, as im also getting a BMC at the same time, with a cold air feed from the bottom grill.

So once its all on, i should get a nice sportier sound from the car, and better throttle response, with a bit of luck :D

I'll get pics up when its all sorted.

Focus ST3
Exhausts can also wear extremely quickly if you do many short journeys. The water/acids coming out in the exhausts never get baked off completely and so they sit eating away at the metal. Hence its better if you give it a longer blast...

rabbos said:
Exhausts can also wear extremely quickly if you do many short journeys. The water/acids coming out in the exhausts never get baked off completely and so they sit eating away at the metal. Hence its better if you give it a longer blast...

So is the moral of this story to get rid of the CAT? As they produce a lot of water i suppose, which could sit in the exhaust.