ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where do you store yours?

Mine lives here when it breaks (so a lot atm)

50951312937_3edc0fa5a9_c.jpg

Rest of the time its here, in a council garage over from my house...

50289853438_8daf860d2f_c.jpg

Tempted to paint the walls white to brighten it up a bit. The garages above have motivated me to get some paint.
Has a carpeted floor too, lives the life of luxury, council style.

On the hunt!
Just ordered a solar shed light too, now I'm looking at RS banners

What has this thread done to me.

Do it. If you see my before and after at the very top, it made such a difference. I’m going to paint the floor with a light grey floor paint too, but it takes a few days to set properly, so one for the summer! [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any tips for painting the walls white? I’ve got masonry paint and made a start with a big brush. f**k me, it goes on so patchy! I sacked it off, it would have taken me a week.

So, any tips what to use?

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Any tips for painting the walls white? I’ve got masonry paint and made a start with a big brush. f**k me, it goes on so patchy! I sacked it off, it would have taken me a week.

A masonry roller is a must. As well as an extendable pole so you can make light work of it!

You could be there a while with just a brush 😂

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

I used masonry paint, a few cheap rollers and a small brush for some bits. Still took about 3 coats. It was a nightmare as well as the bricks used on my garage have loads of grooves in them which the paint wouldn't fully get into without a few coats and brush.

Took me a good few days to do all mine.

On the hunt!

The first coat was a bit patchy for me, but the second cost went on a treat. I just cleaned the wall with a metal brush to start and then blew it over with a leaf blower. Took me about two hours to do two coats to half the garage. It was all shorty bricks and breeze blocks before.
2275c32e329e373f6865b3e37c248c01.jpg

How much paint did you get through on a single garage?
I've bought 5l, see if that's enough for a few coats. Cheap as too, 17.50 for the paint and brush.

Attachments

• 16181432866187159091408359828281.jpg
    16181432866187159091408359828281.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 30
  On the hunt!
How much paint did you get through on a single garage?
I've bought 5l, see if that's enough for a few coats. Cheap as too, 17.50 for the paint and brush.

I did two coats to half of my garage and got through half a 5 litre tin, so you should get the whole thing done. But a roller though - it takes half the time. You can buy a microfibre roller for masonry paint for about £4 from B&Q.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
This is mine. Total s**t hole at the min. Would love to take the dividing wall out and put a single door on but it holds the house up and I don’t hate it enough to throw 20k at it 😂. Im going to board above the car to shift a lot of stuff up into the rafters. I’ll also bother my arse to finish painting it and stick some Lino of some sort down on the floor at some point too. There’s room to pull in and park width ways across the middle with full access to all sides

54F55D84-7298-485D-BF2C-DF93C76B31B9.jpeg
D04B8D24-F622-496F-B53E-57E344C332B0.jpeg

Last edited:

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
My dream to find a small unit like that locally to myself

It’s amazing. Don’t get me wrong the monthly rent feels painful but where I live it’s cheap as compared to city centres.

I would hate to be crawling about under cars on jacks and axel stands again. This is 5 minutes walk from my house. I’ve had it 5 years now and it’s an absolute god send especially during lockdown.

NBG182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF
It fits! Bit tight with the shelves and spare wheels stored down one side of the garage, but will be nice to have the option to put it away if I know I won't be using it for a while.
IMG_20210527_200633~3.jpg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Started to tidy my garage earlier to stick up some racking

You know you have a car parts storage issue when you have to buy 20 teacrates and racking. There are 6 sets of wheels at the back there, I managed to sell a few🤦‍♂️🤣

20210529_133610.jpg

My plan was to try and get it cleared to stick the clio in there but I think that idea may be short lived🤣

Anakin

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi TT RS Clio 182
In it's own little room, with some Audi bits

Attachments

• safe_image.php.jpg
    safe_image.php.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 45

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I think Mk2 Clios are the reaching the size limits of many house garages these days! How many of these spaces are not used for their intended purpose in 2021 when SUVs and estate cars are the main type of car sold?

Mine's in the underground parking bay and has been for the last several years. Currently pay £500 per year for the privilege, but much prefer that than fighting everyday for a free spot outside.

With the house move, the plan is to get some quotes for building a garage on the driveway to the side. There used to be a wooden garage on there years ago (still visible on the Google Maps Street View images) - but definitely want a proper brick construction there instead.