ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where for 172 36k service in or around Leeds?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I have a 51 plate 2002 172 which is due for its 36k service in 250 miles. I also want the cambelt changing at the same time as the service. I have had 3 quotes so far which have all been £800 upwards!
  • RS Murray and son Leeds was approx £800
  • Harrats Renalut in Pontefract was £175 for the aux belt, £280 for the service and £450 for the cambelt. These were the most professional and offered a free courtesy car as well.
  • Reg Vardy Renault on Regent Street in Leeds was approx £900-£1000. I won't be going there as I couldn't understand a word the woman was saying and she didn't have a clue what she was talking about.
How much should I be looking at paying for this service and where would you guys recommend other than the wizard that is Mike.
Would cost be cheaper if I provided my own parts?

Clio 172mk2
ask matt black about a hrs drive away, duno on price u`d have to fone him ,

i`ll prolly be off there for my next service,

just wondered why u wanna change yer cam belt this early though, i can understand doing the aux belt

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
The aux belt is part of the 36k service anyway isn't it or at least it is recommended.
I just want to be sure the belt isn't going to give up as the car is driven hard and I have heard horror stories where they have gone at less than 40k.

R

rich[182]

I've just rung Harratts Renault Wakefield (just off J39 M1) they've said £265 inc vat, parts and labour
However this doesn't include the aux belt, They said they'd check it to see if it wants replacing, I said that should be irrelevant as the service book simply states change it, prob looking at circa £375 all in
Their tel no is 01924 291829
Or GDI do the 36k inc aux belt and 80 point check for £344 inc vat, parts and labour