ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where Is The Courtesy Light Switch On the Door of a Clio mk3

Renault Clio 1.2 Extreme
Hello all.

Im looking to add some interior footwell lights to come on when the doors are open, like the headlining light. I can not seem to find the door switch?

Please can someone help !

Regards

Michael.

1.5 Clio Dynamique
if its anything like a mk2 then the courtesy light and the switch a one thing (ie the light moves like a switch very hard to explain took me a while to find out)

Better than yours. C*nt.
if its anything like a mk2 then the courtesy light and the switch a one thing (ie the light moves like a switch very hard to explain took me a while to find out)

He's trying to find the actual switch to say the door's open, not the switch for the light.

I'd go for wiring from the light, myself - easier.

Renault Clio 1.2 Extreme
Thanks everyone for the quick reponse.

Yes 'Mike 182' I am looking for the actual switch which triggers the light to come on when the doors are openend.

Now 'shepperdspie' I do not understand what you mean, can you explain more ?

Thanks

Michael.

Megane dci 130
The mechanism the latches the door to the body. Its a micro switch inside there rather than a switch on the body. What are you trying to do?

Renault Clio 1.2 Extreme
I am trying to put interior lights into the footwells underneath the glove box and the sterring column.. and I want the light to only come on when the doors are open now... I need to know what colour the wire is going to the switch in the door so I can find the wire behind the glove box so I can jump off it to wire my lights into.

Any help?

Regards
Michael.

Megane dci 130
Your better off going into the live to the interier light. It will be easier to find. Just trace it back from the roof.