ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where is the oil cap?

The "Oil OK" message came on the CS 182 and this might sound a dumb question but can someone tell me where is the oil cap so I can top up?

Took me f@@king ages to find the oil dip stick to check the oil level :eek: but haven't got a clue where the oil cap is?

Thanks in advance!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
i think it made him, decide to look for the dipstick to check then he couldnt find the oil filler cap, just one of those things you do when you are intrigued

Thanks guys

Yeah, first time I saw the message so decided to check the level of oil and maybe top it up a little cos it shows up every time I start the car now!

Ph2 Flamer
it should always show when you start the car. Also if you hold the little stalk on the speedo down (the one you use to reset the trip, mpg etc) just after turning the key in the ignition it shows a little read out of oooooo-- which supposedly shows you the level of oil. all oooo's means it full up and 0------- means you are waaay to low. Although you should defo use your dipstick regularly as the digital readout is known to be unreliable.

it should always show when you start the car. Also if you hold the little stalk on the speedo down (the one you use to reset the trip, mpg etc) just after turning the key in the ignition it shows a little read out of oooooo-- which supposedly shows you the level of oil. all oooo's means it full up and 0------- means you are waaay to low. Although you should defo use your dipstick regularly as the digital readout is known to be unreliable.

Thanks, will def keep an eye on it!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
The oooo--- is the max-min equivalent on the dipstick, not "way too low".

When I changed my oil, I found it to be spot on as it got topped up !

Ph2 Flamer
Wierd I had my oil light and stop light come on the other day and the digital display was showing 00------, topped it up and lights went out so kind of assumed when the display is down to one or two 0's that you are running properly low. Anyway I suppose the point I meant to make was its good to keep an eye on it, keep it topped up and use the dipstick as the digital readout can be iffy