ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to buy standard 172 Ph2 backbox?

Ph2 Clio 172
The exhaust is blowing where the pipework enters the back box on our Ph2 172, and was wondering where people buy a replacement standard part?

Do places like Kwik Fit sell pattern parts? Or anywhere online?

Thanks in advance

Olly

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Just keep an eye in the For Sale Section as so many people buy aftermarket exhausts so will be selling there Std Exhausts Cheap

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
dont think these are available on aftermarket, so either genuine or on here matey.

Ph2 Clio 172
Thanks for the replies both, that'll make me sign up to the club then, rather than being a poxy 'forum user' lol

Ta again!

Ph2 Clio 172
Just to let you all know, I went ahead and bought a new back box from eBay.

Fantastic service, next day delivery, and even sorted me out the rear hanger for half price!

eBay member username: darwentward

Straight fit, took me all of 6 minutes, absolutely spot on.

Very happy!

Link for those also looking:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-RENAULT-CLIO-172-2-0-REAR-EXHAUST-2000-ONWARD_W0QQitemZ110393999564QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item19b3fec0cc&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A30

Black Ph2 172
Don't buy a std back box mate they are rubbish. As has been said go to K-tec - become a member and you get great discounts off the K-tec stealth sysyem! I saved £60, would thoroughly reccomend.

Lionel Richie
Just to let you all know, I went ahead and bought a new back box from eBay.

Fantastic service, next day delivery, and even sorted me out the rear hanger for half price!

eBay member username: darwentward

Straight fit, took me all of 6 minutes, absolutely spot on.

Very happy!

Link for those also looking:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-RENAULT-CLIO-172-2-0-REAR-EXHAUST-2000-ONWARD_W0QQitemZ110393999564QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item19b3fec0cc&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A30

mickey mouse one, they're worse than oe! and you paid about £25 too much for it

Ph2 Clio 172
Couldn't find one anywhere any cheaper tbh, rang around a few places too.

Wasn't wanting to spend £199 + VAT (£230), or whatever K-Tec were charging for a full system, considering it was only the back box that'd gone

The wife only drives to work and back in it, all of 14 miles a day round trip lol

:)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Couldn't find one anywhere any cheaper tbh, rang around a few places too.

Wasn't wanting to spend £199 + VAT (£230), or whatever K-Tec were charging for a full system, considering it was only the back box that'd gone

The wife only drives to work and back in it, all of 14 miles a day round trip lol

:)

Kwik fit ones supposed to be louder than oem

Ph2 Clio 172
oh really? lol i called a few branches of kwik fit and all of them said they had nothing listed for a 172, so i called their supplier, Uni-Part, who said the same thing!

then called part-co, euro car parts and gsf, and they all said they had no listing for it.

hey ho, its done now, and will last a few years considering she does about 4000miles a year lol

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
oh really? lol i called a few branches of kwik fit and all of them said they had nothing listed for a 172, so i called their supplier, Uni-Part, who said the same thing!

then called part-co, euro car parts and gsf, and they all said they had no listing for it.

hey ho, its done now, and will last a few years considering she does about 4000miles a year lol

Told me they could 183 quid same as chemix said ;) I went oem in the end :D